Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

I-Tunes Help please

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2008, 01:28 PM
PaulC555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I-Tunes Help please

Hi all...

I've got some issues with moving content from the "My Music" folder onto the Itunes library and onto the unit itself....
I recently downloaded a couple of new albums (which are legal and paid for I add)...in MP3 format.....
When I try to add the file from my music onto the Itunes library it doesn't always move all the tracks...several albums have 1 song missing from them...which is in the folder but just doesnt make it across....any ideas what I'm doing wrong...???
I've checked things like security, track protection etc....
Most albums have gone across okay...but just a few single tracks missing from them with the rest of the album, tagging etc..all complete...Im lost...!!!
thanks
Paul
Old 24 February 2008, 09:06 AM
PaulC555
Scooby Regular

bump...nobody got an Ipod.....and can help..??
Old 24 February 2008, 09:21 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Move to Computing for more help. My advice Paul? Dump iTunes as the poor Mac-ported piece of software that it is and download Winamp, which is much better at managing music and won't complain when you change iPods and try to move music from an iPod to your PC!
Old 24 February 2008, 03:12 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

First of all, are you using a Mac or PC?

Secondly. These files are obviously in a folder. If you copy that folder from it's current location to somewhere else (make sure it copies not moves it) then do all of the tracks get copied over without issue, or is an error generated.

If you add one of these albums to iTunes, then delete it, then import it again, is it always the same track that fails to come across? If so, what track number is it? first? last? If it's always the same track it could be a problem with that track and you might want to download it again.

One other thing you could try is to copy (so you preserve the original) the album folder into the appropriate location within the iTunes Music folder. It should be structured in Artist -> Album format, so if the folder does not exist, you can create an Artist folder, then drop the album in there.
You would then need to go into iTunes' Preferences and turn off the "Copy music to library" option. You can then use the import option and point it at the album you copied into the iTunes folder. With the aforementioned option turned off it won't try and copy it back into itself, it should just add the track and location information to the iTunes database.