Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Another i-tunes Q

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2008, 08:47 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Another i-tunes Q

I had loads of tracks on my pc at home and downloaded i-tunes application to my pc and transferred everything to the pod, likewise did the same with the pc at work, currently each application shows the tunes I transferred from each pc how do I get all of the songs on my pod to appear on both the i-tunes applications on each pc, is this an import/export issue ?.

Hope the above makes sense
Old 08 May 2008, 10:58 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not aware that you can easily. Each iTunes library is associated with the iPod and will sync to it (if you set it to do that automatically).

If you sync with your home PC, enable disk use, copy the directory that contains all the music to your work PC, then use "Add Folder" to add that to the work PC iTunes, that will put everything from both on your laptop, then sync to your iPod. But theres no way of keeping 2 iTunes libraries in sync with 1 iPod.

Dave
Old 09 May 2008, 12:16 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Thanks Dave, spose I'll just have to bring them on a memory stick and do it the long way round via the home pc
Old 09 May 2008, 01:02 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

It's Apple's method of copy protecting things. You cannot copy music from an iPod to a computer via iTunes. I had the same problem wednesday evening, we'd purchased and iPod for Rose's Mum and I decide to add music to it and then it dawned on me that when she installed iTunes at her place, she would not be able to pull the music from the iPod. What I did was to burn the music to a CD and so she can, if she wants, add it to her copy of iTunes.

You could get a copy of something like Anapod Extreme and use that to copy the music from the iPod to the desktop, then add it to the iTunes Library, or, as you say, put the music on some other media and then do the add to library thing.
Old 09 May 2008, 04:51 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Well I brought my mem stick to work with the intention of trying to drag the files from the i-tunes application to the stick, when I opened i-tunes its absolutely blank WTF ?? where did 120 albums disappear too ???, still in Media player but thats not the point....
Old 09 May 2008, 05:26 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Sounds like it's not finding the iTunes Library, thus has no idea where the music is. If Media player is still showing the files, try playing one from there, just to make sure the files are still there.

Search on the disk for .mp3 (or whatever format they are in) and see where most of the little darlings are, probably in a music folder somewhere, at that point you can copy them onto the mem stick.
Old 09 May 2008, 07:30 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Hi Markus

They're all still in their folders from which they were uploaded to the i-pod, but as the original WMA and MP3 files and not aac files, which is what I expected, I spent a week transfering to the pod and they appeared in the application even when the pod wasn't connected, it did the WMA-AAC conversion, I then used the i-tunes application as a juke box instead of the WMP, a strange one indeed....