Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Getting Gran Turismo 2 on PSP

Search this Thread

Old 25 February 2007, 04:36 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting Gran Turismo 2 on PSP

Has anyone done this, or is able to do it? I want to play GT2 on my psp seeing as there are no decent car games on the PSP so far.

Any help appreciated.
Old 25 February 2007, 09:22 PM
ru'
Scooby Regular

Yes, it's possible. Have you downgraded etc. to run darkalex's custom firmware etc.? I'm running it on 3.03OE-C.
Old 25 February 2007, 09:38 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

I have all the software to downgrade to 1.50, but I dont know anything about darkalex's custom firmware. Whats 3.03OE-C?
Old 25 February 2007, 10:08 PM
ru'
Scooby Regular

Dark Alex`s 3.03 Oe-c Released - Custom Firmware/PSX Emulator - DCEmu Forums:: The Homebrew & Gaming Network :: PSP Dreamcast Nintendo DS Wii GP2X Xbox 360 GBA Gamecube PS2 Forums

Basically it's a hacked version of the official Sony 3.03 firmware. I think it's now at 3.10 or something, but I haven't upgraded from 3.03oe-c.

Any official Sony from 3.03 downwards can be hacked, but not (afaik) above 3.03.

There's different methods to 'downgrade' depending on what Sony version you have; essentially you go to V1.5 and then up to 3.03oe-c or whatever and you can play PS1 games.

I had to use GTA-VCS to downgrade my 3.01 PSP; was kinda worried as it is possible to totally screw the PS ('brick' it) but it was okay.
Old 26 February 2007, 01:15 AM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD

Ive got GT 1 on my psp - god its hard - not tried GT 2 yet

just follow the above advice and you will be right - dont forget about metal gear solid - a quality game
Old 26 February 2007, 10:01 AM
cong
Scooby Regular

not any good psp racing games! ridge racer and burnout legends are wicked!
Old 26 February 2007, 10:37 AM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

I have GT2 running on my PSP and to be honest it looks pretty crap and I don't think it drives that well either...
Worth having a look at Test Drive Unlimited too.Seems to play pretty well!!!
Anybody tried Toca 3?
Old 26 February 2007, 01:02 PM
SwampSport
Scooby Regular

Audilover goto psphacks and look for easy updater 3.03oe-c if your running 1.50, if not also look for easy downgrader as well. Very easy to do using these and not much chance of bricking it.
I have TOCA 3 running at present and find it plays same as TOCA 2 and has extra modes World Challenge etc which make it more of a game. Graphically not noticed any difference.
Old 27 February 2007, 06:36 PM
hail-hail
Scooby Regular

...nearly helped out there...................until I realised who asked the question

......ok, go on then............

I have GT2 playing on my PSP now. Advice so far is spot on, go to psp-hacks.com, downgrade to firmware v1.5 and then upgrade to 3.03OE-C.
Loads of help on the site and unlikely that you will 'brick' (completely screw you PSP to the point where you have to thow it away) your PSP.

Once this is done you need a rip of the PSX .iso file, you can download these or do them yourself, utilities on web site.
Once you have the ripped .iso you need to convert it to a EBOOT file, download the Popstation utility to do this.

Then just copy the file to your PSP memory card, you need to put it in a certain location but again all described in detail on the web site. Playstation games are usually about 500M so you will need a decent Memroy card or there is no point. You can get a 2G for about £30 now.

I also run a SNES emulator, again available on the web site I mentioned. These take up hardly any memory and ROm are easily downloadable. There a100's of very playable snes games out there.