Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

GT3 on PC!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09 January 2002, 08:02 AM
Fosters
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sony have confirmed that GT developers Polyphony are hard at work on a Gran Turismo title for PC entitled Gran Turismo Professonial.

Until now, PC owners had to sit agog while smug console-owning friends revved it up to the max with their fancy racers - Gran Turismo 3 being the most impressive and desirable. Put off stealing your mate's PS2 for now and listen to this - the PC is set to get Gran Turismo all for itself. Polyphony have started work on a conversion of Gran Turismo 3 for the PC, called Gran Turismo Professional. It's being worked on alongside Gran Turismo 4 for the PS2, which raises some very interesting questions...

So, Gran Turismo on a PC and on PS2 - online gaming instantly springs to mind, doesn't it? Sony have already stated that Gran Turismo 4 on the PS2 will definitely be online, and you wouldn't bet against the PC version of GT Professional having online capabilities either, so will PC and console gamers be able to make sweet engine music together?

[Special-REserve.com]
Old 09 January 2002, 08:18 AM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

It was the controller that really helped make the game... dont really want to dash out n spend £100 on a decent stearing wheel for 1 game. Let the consols do what they do best and the PC do what it does best.. not as if I would want to play SSX on my pc
IMHO

p.s. v depressed about being in work so early, sure I'll look forward to it when I'm awake
Old 09 January 2002, 09:25 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Just buy the USB to PSX controller adaptor, that's what I did and it works like a charm !! No rumble tho
Old 09 January 2002, 09:59 AM
Fosters
Scooby Regular

Sorry chaps, but a top flight pc will always p!ss on a console. remember ntsc is the equivalent of 640x480 and pal I 800x600. I play games at 1024x768 in 32bit colour and and always run at more than 50fps.

PCs are v expensive vs a console, but they do shine brightest.

GT3 if done well, could be a winner on PC.