Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Dell T&C Query

Search this Thread

Old 13 February 2007, 11:35 AM
DVDDEVIL
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dell T&C Query

Hi,

I am wondering if any one can confirm whether the first order confirmation that you get when buying something from Dell is the one that is legally binding.

A friend of mine ordered a laptop from the Dell outlet and the spec had an Nvidia graphics card - the order confirmation included this, but then the Purchase order didn't

The laptop was delivered and did not have the Nvidia card in it

What I am wondering is whether the Sale of goods act covers the first confirmation

Dell are being very unhelpful and have told him that they are sorry but he can't have the graphics card

Rob
Old 13 February 2007, 11:41 AM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DVDDEVIL
Hi,

I am wondering if any one can confirm whether the first order confirmation that you get when buying something from Dell is the one that is legally binding.

A friend of mine ordered a laptop from the Dell outlet and the spec had an Nvidia graphics card - the order confirmation included this, but then the Purchase order didn't

The laptop was delivered and did not have the Nvidia card in it

What I am wondering is whether the Sale of goods act covers the first confirmation

Dell are being very unhelpful and have told him that they are sorry but he can't have the graphics card

Rob
The binding agreement with Dell is when you receive your PDF.The first email you receive is the order acknowledgement and this simply shows your internet receipt number.The second email is the PDF and on that is listed the complete spec of the hardware that has been ordered...

Good luck

Nick
Old 13 February 2007, 12:03 PM
DVDDEVIL
Scooby Newbie

Cheers Nick

I thought that might be the case

Is he still in his rights to return the whole lot and get a full refund?

Rob
Old 13 February 2007, 12:19 PM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Depends how long he's had it really so if it's relatively new he can return it under the DSR (Distance Selling Regulations)
Tell him to phone Dell customer service and if he gets nowhere with the CS muppets to speak to a manager and dig his heals in until he gets a satisfactory answer.
Trust me, it works every time!