Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Trying to leave Tiscali Broadband

Search this Thread

Old 08 December 2006, 07:37 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to leave Tiscali Broadband

After finally getting sick beyond belif at tiscali internet, i tried to leave

for a full weekend i could not get online at work (i use bt broadband at home)

and i rang the customer services number to disconnect, nice woman told me i had to ring a number to disconnect, so i did, they are shut at weekends, so i rang back on Monday. I was on hold for approx 40 Min's and nobody picked up

After getting pissed off i hung up to try later, same thing again, nobody took the call after 10 or so Min's, so i rang the customer care line again and got through to somebody who deals with bills.

"hi i would like to disconnect my broadband"
"you need to go to to the disconnections department , press these keys"
"nobody is picking up, i have been on hold for 40 plus Min's"
"blahh blahh blahh goto the disconnections line"

even asking to speak with somebody a little higher up was pointless, so i asked what would happen if i canceled my direct debits
"somebody will contact you, probably with a letter"

so i did, i unplugged the office modem, and checked out the complaints procedure on the website, i then wrote a letter to the customer services manager telling them in writing i was canceling my account and the reasons for doing so, according to the terms and conditions on the website i should have receaved a reply within 7 working days

If you are not satisfied with the action we plan to take, you should request that your complaint be referred to the Customer Service Manager.
Customer Service Manager
Tiscali Customer Services
PO BOX 7206
Milton Keynes
MK14 6XG.

You should expect to receive a response within seven working days of us receiving your correspondence.
7 working days has indeed past, i have just checked online at home and my tiscali account is still valid with no return letter from themselves

possibly the worst company i have ever dealt with, i expect this will drag on for another month or so before being resolved.

bunch of *****
Old 08 December 2006, 08:59 AM
mike1210
Scooby Regular

just checked the website and they support migrations, so if you ever do get through, say you want to migrate and request a MAC code, by doing so BT won't cease the line and you wont have to pay an activation fee for your next ISP

It would make choosing another ISP far easier

I'd recommend IDnet or ZEN, see the link below too see why

thinkbroadband: The UK's largest independent ADSL review site - Your guide to UK broadband Internet.
Old 08 December 2006, 09:01 AM
ScoobyWRX300
Scooby Regular

Same problem with TalkTalk.
Decided to leave them in June but took until mid August to get MAC code and transfer to new ISP. They are still billing me and sending letters 4 months later despite loads of phone calls, letters (no responses) and emails (no responses).
Several colleagues have had similar problems with TalkTalk and one has been contacted 5 times by debt collection agencies chasing payment for bills after he left them.
Poor/no customer service seems to be the norm with most ISPs
Old 08 December 2006, 09:03 AM
mike1210
Scooby Regular

aye forgot to mention that, always cancel the contract once you've migrated or they will keep billing you
Old 08 December 2006, 06:33 PM
DJ140
Scooby Regular

It took my Dad 7 months to leave Tiscali

He sent letters, registered post, called them, stopped is Direct Debit (Bad idea as he then received letters regarding non payment!)

Tiscali must rank as one of the worst businesses around and I recommend to anyone that will listen not to use them.

I'm with BT, maybe not the best ISP, but at least you know that when you want to leave them, as I have in the past, they act immediately.

BT - 6.5mb downstream
500K up
Old 11 December 2006, 06:32 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

well i actually managed to get to speak with a human this morning after constantly ringing the line before they opened until at approx 9.01 am i got through.

got a MAC code sent via email, tried to login at work and got a big message saying "you have stopped your direct debits we have suspended your account"

blokey on the phone says as soon as the new provider switches over with the MAC code tiscali cancel the current account.

my letter to the customer care team has been ignored

never again TBH!!!

did a quick search and saw AOL doing a 1mb unlimited service for £15/month (the work system is only really used for the CCTV server and a bit of browseing when i`m bored) , gave them the mac code and 10 mins later i was an AOL punter

thats some fast service
Old 11 December 2006, 06:34 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

FWIW i am with BT at home, never had a problem with them
Old 11 December 2006, 09:53 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Ive never had a problem getting hold of Tiscali, providing youre ringing the sales team. SELL SELL SELL!!!

Try trying any other number and youve got a wait on your hands.

Currently trying to get them to upgrade my 2mb to 8mb, WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!

"Sorry, were having problems with upgrades at the mo"

Yeh, i bet you are, the problem is they dont want existing customers upgrading!

Losers!