Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Lego Star Wars II on the Nintendo DS

Search this Thread

Old 02 October 2006, 03:23 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lego Star Wars II on the Nintendo DS

Anyone got Lego Star Wars II on the DS? Apart from it being a buggy pile o' ****e, does anyone know how to access freeplay? I've done all the levels in story mode, but when I go back to play in freeplay, it offers me a choice of character sets (jedi, blasters, droids, etc.) which I can flick through with the shoulder buttons, but then I can't do anything else and can't start the game in freeplay mode. Am I missing something????

I know the game is far too buggy, but I still want to play it a bit more before trading it in.
Old 02 October 2006, 03:40 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Don;t know about the ds, but on the xbox 360 version, you have to press the (a) button twice. Once to select the character, and again to confirm that selection. I assume the ds version is similar...
Old 02 October 2006, 03:58 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

As far as I'm aware nothing was missed off some of the levels. When selecting the freeplay mode, I then get a screen where I can choose sets of characters to use. Don't seem to be able to do anything here at all..... although thinking about it, I haven't actually tried using the touch screen to select the characters thinking about it now I just used the D-pad and the buttons. None of them appear to work, so maybe I need to use the touch screen (got used to not using it at all through the rest of the game).

As for the bugs, had it crash two or three times (complete lockups), characters and scenery just disappearing completely, characters dying then respawning in a Jet Set ***** endless loop of death scenario, camera failing to move so I'm controlling a character that appears to be half a mile away, characters stuck in scenery, and ones that got stuck in the scenery then disappeared behind it unable to get back out.

I'll have to stop the missus playing that damn Animal Crossing tonight and try using the touch screen to select characters. Never thought to try that until I just started replying Spent all weekend replaying story levels in case I missed something, but all offer me freeplay, just couldn't start the level.
Old 02 October 2006, 04:19 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

I'll feel a right twonk if that's the case. I spent all weekend cussing and swearing at it I'll report back tonight/tomorrow. Needless to say there were no instructions in the manual. Just said select freeplay to replay levels with different characters. Bloody kids games, too high an intellect needed
Old 02 October 2006, 09:45 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

I don't think you even have to complete all the levels, just complete a level and it's available for freeplay, might be wrong.

Trending Topics

Old 02 October 2006, 10:03 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

You're right Swen, I just happened to have completed them all

And yes, I've just tried it, and I was a twonk! You need to use the touch screen to pick your start character. Of course, it's about the only point in the whole game where you actually have to use the touchscreen and it doesn't actually tell you this anywhere. At least I can access freeplay now, but the missus has just setup Animal Crossing on the router so she's hardly said a word to me all night, so it has it's upsides
Old 02 October 2006, 10:17 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Stop moaning and put your hand in your pocket and by a 360
Old 02 October 2006, 11:08 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

I'm biding my time.

I'm a value for money man....and still waiting

Only got Lego Star Wars when we traded in a load of old XBox and PS2 games so it didn't cost me anything