Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

ITIL Foundation course

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2006, 10:02 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of the people at our place chewed their own limbs off it was so dull, I dont have to do it cos I go on exciting Oracle Courses !
Old 14 March 2006, 10:29 PM
jasonl
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know what you mean about change. i've not done the course, although two people in my office have. the tech desk, who support the system we provide installation manager training for, have gone itil mad. they've changed the names of the teams, but having talked to the guys who've done the full course and all the exams, the guys down stairs have ****ed it up
Old 14 March 2006, 10:30 PM
WRX_Rich
Scooby Regular

after doing the mangers course

its very boring very beauraucratic and sells it self through out the course - but made a difference to the way I work

when you do the test remember you can say Send all satff on expensive itil training courses and you always get a mark

shame the foundation is multipule choice -should be easy
Old 15 March 2006, 08:10 AM
scoobyjimbo
Scooby Regular

I have done it and it is very dull, but think of it like this in years to come when you want to change jobs it will make sure you get a better starting salary becuase most companies within IT now are asking for this and they will offer you more if you have it.

J
Old 15 March 2006, 09:26 AM
Foot_Tapper
Scooby Regular

I can see the point behind the basics.

Having read a brief few lines on each of the subjects... realised the people I work for as a contractor have been using the ITIL system for years.
It was just never called that...it never had a name...
Its called common sense and procedures for doing things so u can cost them and account and control the IT environment.
Someone has clicked on and is now making a mint out of it.
Old 15 March 2006, 10:09 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

We have to be all ITIL'd up, consulting on service management tools. BS15000/ISO20000 is the recognised standard now.
Old 15 March 2006, 11:16 AM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?

ITIL isnt a waste of time, If you actually have change control procedures in place, once you get used to working with them it can actually cover your ***.

My old manager did the courses and he said they were actually eye openers and if you actually applied yourself, or thought about how it would work then it was pretty good.. and its recognized by most ftse 100's

David
Old 15 March 2006, 11:41 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Just the current buzzword that seems to be trendy on CV's at the moment, joining such illustrious titles as CNA, MCSE, MCP and PRINCE2
Old 15 March 2006, 06:58 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?

Agreed.
Old 16 March 2006, 12:12 PM
Mark Miwurdz
Scooby Regular

Hi Bob

When it comes to the exam, just remember what the instructor told you and go for the most correct answer. Sounds daft, but there's no latitude for reasoning at the foundation level - it's about as prescriptive as it gets. Any decent training outfit should provide you with plenty of mock papers as you go along.

Pass the exam and wear your green badge with pride , that is until you start rubbing shoulders with people who have done the practitioners and managers qualification and then you'll feel very lowly indeed.

I work for a big software company in sales and they've gone ITIL crazy recently. I went for an internal promotion and had to pass the foundation course as one of the conditions of offer of employment. It has helped me credibility wise customer-facing but I'm not sure I'd pass the exam now if I had to sit it without any prep.

Best of luck.

Cheers
Kav
Old 16 March 2006, 02:42 PM
rik1471
Scooby Regular

ITIL foundation is mainly common sense to be honest. I quite enjoyed the course.

What mark did everyone get in the exam?

I got 38/40