Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Fax Software??

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2006, 01:16 PM
Avi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fax Software??

I share my line using for both box fax and voice, i've had a go with windows fax software and it's great for sending faxes, only problem is receiving. AT the moment, my fax machine auto detects a fax and receives it before ringing.

With windows fax however, i either have to be at my pc to receive a fax, or set it to auto answer after so many rings, and if someone answers the phone, they then have to leg it to the pc to receive the fax

Does anyone know of any fax software that can cope with this scenario?.. ie.. answer a fax almost instantly, but let it ring if it;s a voice call.

Cheers

Avi
Old 04 March 2006, 02:26 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Avi
I share my line using for both box fax and voice, i've had a go with windows fax software and it's great for sending faxes, only problem is receiving. AT the moment, my fax machine auto detects a fax and receives it before ringing.

With windows fax however, i either have to be at my pc to receive a fax, or set it to auto answer after so many rings, and if someone answers the phone, they then have to leg it to the pc to receive the fax

Does anyone know of any fax software that can cope with this scenario?.. ie.. answer a fax almost instantly, but let it ring if it;s a voice call.

Cheers

Avi
Have a look here:

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0....t=fax&tg=dl-20