Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Burning edited vob files with the same name.

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2005, 12:58 AM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burning edited vob files with the same name.

Hi
Have edited some home footage,now have 6 folders with various vob files etc,but they all have the same name.ie VTS_01_1.VOB
When i try to burn with Nero you cant add them all together cos it tries to replace them as you add them(all same name).
I've tried renaming them ie VTS_02_1.VOB but it didnt work.I may not be doing it right though.

Any suggestions.I've spent a few hours looking on the net but no luck.
Old 27 May 2005, 11:09 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think you need to DVD reauthor all your vob files from the 6 folders into one TS-Video folder, assuming u want the file to playback from a DVD? This will create the correct DVD structure, u cant simply rename n paste all together. So I would use TMPGenc DVDauthor or alike to achieve this.
Old 27 May 2005, 11:12 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

How did you edit/author the video files? Sounds like you authored then seperatly. If you can explaine what you did we can see how you can get what you need.
Old 27 May 2005, 12:02 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Yes,i authored and edited them separately as they are on separate dvd's using dvdshrink.

The files are as follows.

CLIP 1

VIDEO_TS
VIDEO_TS.BUP
VTS_01_0
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_1.VOB

CLIP 2

VIDEO_TS
VIDEO_TS.BUP
VTS_01_0
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_1.VOB

As you can see they both have the same filename.I put the first set of files into Nero,when i put in the second it say "already there,do you want to delete".
I've tried renaming the second set of files but it didnt work.Not sure i did it right though.I want both files on the same dvd.
Obviously i could burn each set of files on a separate disc,but thats not what i want.

Last edited by paulr; 27 May 2005 at 12:04 PM.
Old 27 May 2005, 12:54 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Convert all the vobs to MPG, and then reauthor all the mpgs back to one DVD, that would work.
Old 27 May 2005, 02:53 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

For my preferace I do the following...

Use VOBedit to demux the VOB files into m2v and ac3 files (select Demux all video streams and Demux all audio streams)
Import these into my Authoring App (DVD Lab) as new movies.
Create menus, links etc to ensure they play the way I want.
Complie and burn as normal.

Let me now if you need anyting else. I can mail you VOBedit if necessary but it's available in the www.dvdhelp.com tools section.

Cheers
Old 27 May 2005, 02:55 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Alternatively Paul; make a disc image of each one in DVDShrink, then make a compilation of each. Do this by opening the first image and selecting 're-author'; then open further disc images and add them; they'll be named 'VOB1(1): VOB1(2) etc. The final ISO image can be written by most applications. The only drawback will be that each 'VOB' will be written as a new title; but considering the mess you're in thats not really such a problem.

Simon

Edited to add: Ive justseen Nimbus's suggestion; it'll work and the result will be more user friendly but: IFOEdit is a nightmare to use if you arent familiar with it.....

Last edited by GC8; 27 May 2005 at 02:58 PM.
Old 27 May 2005, 03:37 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

GC8,

I wasn't suggesting IFOEdit (used this a few times) but VOBedit + Authoring tool. DVD lab has 30 day trail which Paulr can use to re-athor the demuxed files into a nice DVD (add menus for each film, link to play on after the other, etc).
Old 27 May 2005, 05:16 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Considering i'm familiar with shrink i went for that and GC8,it works a treat.As you say,create a compilation,then just keep adding the folder contents and it automatically renames them.Very simple.

I may go for Nimbus's suggestion when i'm feeling a bit more adventurous.

cheers guys.
Old 27 May 2005, 07:43 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

How do you get the DVDshrink complilation to play all the titles then? Will it create an ifo that plays each consecutively? I've never done it this way before.
Old 27 May 2005, 07:59 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Nimbus,i dont know how it will play yet as i havent burnt the compilation,just compiled it.According to GC8's post it seems it will end up a collection of "clips" rather than one long one.
Old 27 May 2005, 08:08 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nimbus
GC8,

I wasn't suggesting IFOEdit (used this a few times) but VOBedit + Authoring tool. DVD lab has 30 day trail which Paulr can use to re-athor the demuxed files into a nice DVD (add menus for each film, link to play on after the other, etc).
So you were! Sorry.... VOBEdit is a nightmare too though Paul; I know that I suggested using IFOEdit in your other thread and Ive used it sucessfully a few times, but it is tricky at best and probably something to move up to rather than try now.

Simon
Old 27 May 2005, 08:13 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

When you make a compilation in DVDShrink it authors each added title as a new title (as opposed to making one large combined title); they will play seamlessly though, youll only notice if you try to fast forward as itll only FF to the end of the currently playing title.

Simon
Old 27 May 2005, 08:33 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

GC8.
I know in the original thread i mentioned problems reading a dvd-rw but yesterday i updated to the latest version of dvdshrink and that has fixed that problem too.So basically you can do the whole editing/authoring/ compiling all with dvdshrink.