Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

GT4 Mission Hall Woes

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2005, 02:09 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face GT4 Mission Hall Woes

Well I finally cracked Mission 23 at the weekend (Skyline Slipstream Battle) so now I've got to Master No. 34 - The Merc SLR around the 'ring.

Anyone done it yet? Closest I've got is 29secs behind but I must admit I don't have fantastic knowledge of the track and the Merc feels as solid as a Jellyfish...
Old 10 May 2005, 11:11 AM
papascooby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by messiah
Well I finally cracked Mission 23 at the weekend (Skyline Slipstream Battle)

how?

i'm stuck-a-roonie-rama on it
Old 10 May 2005, 11:22 AM
jbryant
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by papascooby
how?

i'm stuck-a-roonie-rama on it
That Skyline mission is a biiiiiatch! The number of pages on the web about this mission is immense, but still I can't do it even after about 10 attempts! I even downloaded a video of someone else winning the mission and can't emulate it myself.

A few suggestions off the top of my head;
Go Manual and stick in 5th gear.
Don't get too far in front of the pack
Expect to slipstream them a couple of times on each straight
Let the pack or any member of it past at every opportunity, and try to help them in slipstreaming you (use a lot of reverse view for this.

[edit - just grabbed this off the web to try tonight]
The Skyline drafting mission is not to hard once you know what to do. In order to catch the lead car, immediately from the beginning draft and pass the pack of cars in the corner. You should be ahead of them heading onto the backstretch. They will draft on you on the straights, and get a run and try to pass you. Let them pass you on the straights, then draft behind them until the corners. Entering the corners, stay low and pass them, while sticking around the bottom yellow line on the banking. By doing this, they will draft in the corners, keeping close to you, and then pass you on the straights. Let them pass you and do not block their run. Do this repeatedly and I caught and passed the lead car on the backstrech of the final lap. Hope this made sense. So basically just pass them in the corners, and draft once they pass you on the straights, just try to run your car in the corner in front of their line so that they stay in line with you.

Joolz

Last edited by jbryant; 10 May 2005 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10 May 2005, 12:43 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

How I cracked Mission 23.

From the start go flat out to catch the cars in front and overtake them all on the low side as you enter turn 1 - then slide in front on them but KEEP YOUR CAR BETWEEN THE 2 YELLOW LINES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TRACK. The other cars will then slipstream from you and re-pass on the straight through the tunnel.

There's 2 tricks to this next bit;
1. Keep an eye on what's going on behind as the other cars will more than likely run into the back of you, so you need to side step to let them pass.
2. Allow at least 3 of the other cars to go past before you go for another slipstream overtaking run.

You should re-overtake them on turn 2.

In breif - overtake the opponents as you enter the turns, and let them overtake you on the straights.

As you enter turn 1 on lap 2, you should see the yellow skyline up ahead, but just repeat what you did on lap 1 to get closer.

On lap 3, allow the cars to pass you again - now you're gonna go for it. Overtake them again into turn 1, then go low near the wall, you'll have a lot of speed and your taking the shortest route, you should now be close enough to slipstream the leader as you enter the final back straight - I managed to get past him just leaving the tunnel section. Stay low on the final turn so he can't slipstream from you.

Hope it helps.
Old 05 June 2005, 02:40 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Cool

I did it in one hit

If your not in the view with the rear view mirror, I would imagine it's nigh on impossible.
Old 05 June 2005, 12:27 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i watched the demo of this on the game and the cpu did not do it either

tried it about 3/4 times and gave up
Old 06 June 2005, 11:59 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

2 missions left now - the thunderbird thing around Seattle (b@stard hard!) and the SLR around the 'ring - nearly got it last time, just 2.9 secs of bagging the 1st place...
Old 07 June 2005, 11:02 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

I must have a faulty copy or something, coz I did it in one hit again last night

The Seattle one How hard I've not even attempted the SLR /'ring one yet