Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Bloody Pipex - AAAgghh!!

Search this Thread

Old 14 December 2004, 05:11 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bloody Pipex - AAAgghh!!

I've had the Pipex Solo 500 broadband setup for 3 years now, and its been superb. Their customer service is crap, but the actual connection has had about 60 minutes downtime in 3 years - impressive.

We moved house 10 days ago. Last month I asked if they could transfer my ADSL over. They cant transfer it, and said I needed to cancel my account, then re-apply for a new one at the same time.

So, I gave my 30 days notice (which they never informed me about in the prior contact with them) on the 25th Nov, moved our existing phoneline over to the new house, then applied for the Solo 1000 package - an extra £10 a month, but 1mbps dl speed.

I awaited the order confirmation, and nothing arrived so I emailed them. Even though my order went through on their website, there is no record of it as I have to wait for the 30 days cancellation to finish (Christmas day), and only then can I re-apply for ADSL again - another 10 days waiting. They didnt inform me of this though, and their website let me go through the whole bloody process!!!

I've asked them to just stop the account now and start my new one, but they just keep sending std responses back.

I'm on AOL dialup for the time being, and its driving me mad

I'm tempted to move to Zen Internet or someone else, but i'm comfortable using Pipex, and I would imagine another provider would just say the same, that I have to wait for my Pipex account to finish.

Rant over, what a nightmare
Old 14 December 2004, 05:36 PM
Jake
Scooby Regular

Not good, I am currently with pipex and will be moving in January but think I will just sign up with bulldog 4mb instead.
Old 14 December 2004, 05:40 PM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

Ukonline not available ?

I was all ready to sign up at the weekend for 8 meg , local exchange not unbundled yet

Steve
Old 14 December 2004, 05:43 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Anyone elses Pipex down last night?

Simon.
Old 14 December 2004, 06:37 PM
subaru swift
Scooby Regular

no my pipex has been mint since i had it 8 months ago!.
i might upgrade soon to 1Mb !.
Old 14 December 2004, 10:20 PM
krazy
Scooby Regular

So have you moved and kept the same phone number?
If so went through this myself.. can be a complete pita, don't know if its improved since thou?
Anyway, after many hastles, my line was actually cleared there and then whilst on the phone to bt, after being told takes so many weeks to clear, i'll process it now will be clear in 24hrs etc...
It seemed to be a bit of luck on who you get through to at bt though. But if its the same, phone bt (not your isp) tell them u moved and kept same number and they should be able to clear their records there and then allowing you to reorder with whatever isp u choose.

Last edited by krazy; 14 December 2004 at 10:23 PM.
Old 15 December 2004, 08:42 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Have you rung them? When we had problems setting our connection up I spent a lot of time getting it sorted on the phone and they were very helpful (turned out it was BT's fault not Pipex). They told me that the the helpline is only charged at national rate. Support enquiries: 0845 077 83 24