Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

PHP 'Header Modify' error message stress

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2004, 11:06 AM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PHP 'Header Modify' error message stress

Following recommendations from a few of the guys on here I decided to use PHP Nuke (7.3 I think) on one of my community websites that I host.

All got installed ok (I think) but when trying to view 'private messages' or 'forum' I get loads of lines of error messages like that below:

"Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/home/httpd/vhtdocs/wickham/header.php:32) in /usr/local/home/httpd/vhtdocs/wickham/includes/sessions.php on line 250"

Now, the weird thing is that it only appears to show through my browser - everybody else appears to be able to see the pages as they should. All the lines also seem to relate in someway to a line of code in the header file:

"echo "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN\">\n"; "

I read that if a carraige return has been inserted at the end of the comfig.php file (common as many editors and some servers do this) that this can cause a similar message but I've tided this up plus it's only obvious through my PC.

Has anyone else other come across this and if so any advice very greatfully received before I throw the laptop out of the window....

Cheers,

Russ
Old 03 September 2004, 04:22 PM
Soulgirl
Scooby Regular

It might be a good idea to direct your query to PHP Nuke themselves
Old 03 September 2004, 09:32 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Soulgirl
It might be a good idea to direct your query to PHP Nuke themselves
Er, I did - well, php nuke support forums anyway.

Problem is sussed now (for anyone that is interested) - Nuke has a config issue between XP/Apache/PHP and SQL so only some people would see any error.

Problem is rectified by posting a .htaccess file in the Nuke root on the server. A 2 minute fix that took 2 days to discover...

R