Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Advice on how to dowload some photos

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2004, 11:23 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Advice on how to dowload some photos

Right,

DISCLAIMER - SELF-RIGHTEOUS DO-GOODERS; THERE IS A GENUINE REASON FOR THIS REQUEST

My sister got married last week and the photographer has published the preview prints on his website.

There are a few family members who haven't got internet access, yet want to order photos.

I was proposing to "right click/save picture as" the preview shots (they're of poor quality and are watermarked) to print onto a4, along with the order numbers.

However, to protect his copyright and quite rightly so, the pictures are protected (no right-click)

Is there any way of doing this? apart from Screen Dump?

Again, I must stress, this isn't to steal the pictures, but to allow elder family members/non-internet users, the ability to place an order.

I will be emailing/contacting the photographer on Monday anyway, but I'm seeing some of the family tomorrow.

Any suggestions?

Dan
Old 14 August 2004, 11:29 AM
Chris_
Scooby Regular

Clear your temp internet folder then go to web page you want. Once you have finished, go to temp folder and apart from alot of other cr@p there will be the pictures.
Old 14 August 2004, 11:32 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Ahh, thanks Chris

Dan
Old 14 August 2004, 11:35 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Can you do a 'View Source, find the image url and load it directly.
Old 14 August 2004, 12:14 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Scooby you have a Mac don't you? If so browse in Safari, use the file menu at the top and go

Window -> Activity

This will pop up a utility window that shows you everything you currently have loaded including full paths to images. Simply double click all the addresses that end in .jpg and then that will launch each image individually and you will be able to do what you want from there.

If you don't have a Mac you could just print screen each page and then crop out the excess in PS.

Apologies if you don't have a Mac, I thought you did.
Old 14 August 2004, 12:16 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Cheers Jack & Angrynorth,

Got it sorted now

Yes I do have a Mac, but am using the PC at the moment - can't be ar$ed to walk into the studio!!!

Dan
Old 14 August 2004, 12:27 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

I just thought of an even more obvious one too. Just drag the images from Safari to the desktop. DOH! As per usual I thought of the complex way first then the easy way was an afterthought

Glad you got it sorted though
Old 14 August 2004, 08:28 PM
mynickers
Scooby Regular

Funy thing about winXP is when you go on sites where monkeys have disabled rightclick, XP often puts a handy picture tool bar over an image, one of the fucntions being save, and it often works lol.

I normally screen grab (printscreen key or alt & print screen), then paste into photoshop, but can also post into word or powerpoint, various paint programs etc.

If they print really badly it's because he has over compressed the, which is a bit daft, I can understand where he is coming from, but I am a photographer, and I wouldnt bother, even ifyou give quite good quality screen res it will print, just not in great quality, most people will pay for the better quality print.

The other (probably easier alternative) might of been to ask him to email you some small printable versions to show people and sell on his behalf, he'd of been silly not to help you out!