Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Logitech Cordless Desktop MX

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2004, 01:11 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Logitech Cordless Desktop MX

Just bought one for my PC and it doesn't seem to be working very well! The mouse and keyboard only work if they are within a few feet of the receiver. I've tried moving the receiver around so that it's away from any interference sources. Thought the keyboard batteries might be duff but the mouse (rechargable) is the same. Anyway I've spoken to the company I bought it from and they've agreed to exchange it.

My question is anyone got one of these (or similar Logitech RF cordless product) and if so what sort of range do you get out of it?

I was hoping it would work okay from one end of my lounge to the other, i.e several metres away. Am I expecting too much?

Cheers,

Graz
Old 06 April 2004, 04:48 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

They aren't normally rated for more than a couple of metres. I have a MX-700 and can use up to about 8 feet away, never really tried more tbh
Old 06 April 2004, 04:53 PM
andys
Scooby Regular

Have just tried my MX and can use it all over the house upstairs and down. Although not that useful if you can not see the monitor....
Old 06 April 2004, 04:55 PM
Kevin Groat
Scooby Regular

You either got a very big monitor or bloody good eyesight..... We have an MX setup same as yourself, no problem with it, in fact I'm about to buy another MX mouse as I'm so impressed with it.
Old 06 April 2004, 05:02 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by andys
Have just tried my MX and can use it all over the house upstairs and down. Although not that useful if you can not see the monitor....
That's what I want to hear!

I take it that's the non Bluetooth version? I know my brother's Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard and mouse work over fairly long distances.

I will be using a fairly large monitor at times as I intend to integrate my PC into my home entertainment system. That has a 32" monitor
Old 06 April 2004, 05:24 PM
Monkeh
Scooby Regular

It could be getting interferrance.

I have tried several different cordless mice, but they never seem to work further away then a meter. I live near an airport, so presumed this was causing interferrance and limiting the mouse ?
Old 06 April 2004, 05:48 PM
andys
Scooby Regular

Yep just the normal RF one. I have loads of wireless stuff at home, network, phones and such like and never had a problems with interferance. then again don't live next to an airport...
Old 07 April 2004, 02:14 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Interference or, these devices hate reflective surfaces, like a nice shiny wood or plastic desk :/
Old 07 April 2004, 04:37 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

My Logitech set-up works a treat too only I do take a battery out of the mouse when I'm away from the pc for a while otherwise I'm changing batteries more often than I care to.
Old 08 April 2004, 10:19 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Mine works fine from miles away.

My only dislike is that it isnt as accurate for single pixel work as the original MS mouse. Great for games though.