Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Legendary Halo

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2004, 09:46 AM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Legendary Halo

Anyone tried going solo at legendary level, how far have you got? its tough, thank God for the sniper rifle eh!
Old 29 March 2004, 09:50 PM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

ok ive just been beamed up onto the reconsiliation but im stuck in the first room, too many of them big baddasses with the light sabres. Now wheres me BFG?....
Old 21 April 2004, 10:19 AM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

im still trying & im gunna git them suckas

i dont believe anyone has managed it on legendary without cheating somehow. Apparantly there is a different longer movie at the end of it.
Old 21 April 2004, 11:49 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

I was told this is a must have for the XBox. Couldn't see what the fuss was about really

Until I got it on the PC. By FAR a better game when you use the mouse.

Completed it this weekend just.

Not a bad game. Bit of a weak ending though.

Will wait and see what happens with Halo 2.

Dan
Old 21 April 2004, 12:32 PM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

ewww mouse controls are nasty, well i could never get use to it. playing other games then back to Halo just shows you how good the controls are. The AI is also probably the best ive seen in a while. Ive been suck on this room for some time & the aliens change tactics every time i try thats why im not getting very far.
Old 21 April 2004, 04:33 PM
Emms
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by InvisibleMan
ewww mouse controls are nasty, well i could never get use to it. playing other games then back to Halo just shows you how good the controls are. The AI is also probably the best ive seen in a while. Ive been suck on this room for some time & the aliens change tactics every time i try thats why im not getting very far.

I am right at the end on Legendary. The area where you are I was stuck for over a week!!! (I was a Quake 3 CPL League player a while back so like to think Im not completely useless). There is an invisible pick up. collect that and then walk up to the invis hunters, key on thier swords, and stick plasma grenades on each of em. then it's a matter of strafe jumping and praying. As soon as you get a chance duck thru one of the doors and then at least your back is clear. just remember to try and get the sword wealding fellas as soon as poss.
Old 21 April 2004, 04:47 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

NO serious FPS user plays without a mouse - you must be crazy IM
Old 21 April 2004, 04:48 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Mouse and keyboard are the best way to play an fps IMHO. Console controllers are too flippin fiddly to do this properly, (and there are not enough buttons).

Having said that, Halo had the best console fps controls that I've come across...
Old 21 April 2004, 05:25 PM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

well thats cos im not serious & youre right i am crazy & the lesser the number of fiddly keys the better! one prob tho when im running backwards squirting my wad at the baddies i do have a tendancy to press down on the thumbstick making me slow down.
Old 21 April 2004, 05:37 PM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

I was told this is a must have for the XBox. Couldn't see what the fuss was about really
totally agree, probably one of the most over hyped games *ever*, played it co-op on a friends xbox and after a couple of hours was bored $hitless, maybe I was missing something, not a bad game but not outstanding either!
Old 21 April 2004, 05:46 PM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

what did you do differently to suddenly do it after a week?

ive got a sniper rifle so that takes care of the elites. well as far as i can tell as ive finished of about 6 or 7 of them so far. Its those annoying buggers with the shields. I just get teared apart in a second. ive got the spare health & invis, got a corridor to hide in(though they can still come thru two closed doors) but not getting anywhere. Im trying to wait by the locked doors till they open & escape to some other bit but as the corridors & doors kept changing im not having a lot of luck.
Old 21 April 2004, 07:06 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Done it on all levels apart from EASY.

The scouts with the shields are b*stards. Shoot their feet or to just one side of the shield. If you've got the pistol or sniper rifle you can get them in the head with one shot if you're lucky. Once they crouch down and start shooting, get out of their line of fire.

You can kill scouts and grunts from behind by bashing them once with your gun/fist.

The reconciliation is rated as THE level as there's lots of open spaces to catch you out.

Before beaming up the grav. lift. Make sure you have a fully charged phase rifle or pistol, the sniper rifle with 24 rounds and 8 grenades.
After the initial chatter you get CHECKPOINT SAVED. Then an invisible but unshielded ELITE with a sword appears from one of the side doors. Once you light him up the marines will help you kill him.

Stay near the centre of the room and throw shrap. grenades through any door as soon as it opens. Try and cleanup each doorway quickly and keep moving. Keep your eyes open for the shielded sword elites. Get their attention with the phase pistol or rifle. Best way to kill them is to stick a grenade on them. Bit of a problem with that if they're running closely after you though .

I find it all gets too much after a while and I run up one of the side doors. Preferably the ones connected up top by a corridor. If you're suffering and too far away from the doors, run over the cloaking shield and health etc. if you need it. You'll also get frag. grenades. THEN find a way to one of the side doors.

Finale of that room is two hunters. You know how to kill hunters don't you?

J.
Old 22 April 2004, 10:05 AM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

so if i can get passed this room i should be able to cope with the rest of the levels?

whats the difference between frag/shrap grenades? & can you toggle between them & plasma grenades as i find the next frag or plasma grenade isnt the idea one to use in that circumstance.

if ive got 1 invis, 4 gold & 2 red elites am i nearly there?
Old 05 May 2004, 11:26 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by InvisibleMan
so if i can get passed this room i should be able to cope with the rest of the levels?

whats the difference between frag/shrap grenades? & can you toggle between them & plasma grenades as i find the next frag or plasma grenade isnt the idea one to use in that circumstance.

if ive got 1 invis, 4 gold & 2 red elites am i nearly there?
Frag grenade=shrap grenade, I couldn't remember "frag" so I used "shrap". Yes you can toggle them. On the RHS of the controller you have two recessed buttons. One lights your searchlight or the image intensifier if you've got the sniper rifle selected and zoomed. The other toggles between grenade types.

J.