Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

HALO IS being converted to the PC

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2002, 10:34 PM
DazV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Microsoft have confirmed they're planning to convert HALO over to the PC. No release date yet though:

Chris: Well , I think what we really want to do for Halo on the PC, is to take full advantage of what the PC has to offer and you know we really want to obviously take advantage of the multiplayer aspect that you can do on the PC.
In terms of Halo 2, I don’t know on the console side, I don’t know what I can tell you, it’s more of an Xbox question.
I don’t have much more to tell you than it’s still belated in terms of the exact timing of when it’s going to happen. It's still undetermined. But obviously if it comes down to what the real focus is going to be, what we're going to try to do is make it more than just a port of the console experience. And really try to design it around to what the PC has to offer, which is the online play.

Old 24 May 2002, 11:08 PM
Miles
Scooby Regular

Err, that's not exactly news
Old 27 May 2002, 01:39 PM
DazV
Scooby Regular

Miles, a lot of people believed it had been moved to an X-BOX only tie in.

I believe MS have only just decided to put it on the PC again.
Old 27 May 2002, 07:51 PM
BaldyMan
Scooby Regular

Cool

Should we all laaaaaaaf at the people who only bought the xbox so they could play halo - and it's gonna come out on pc anyway ha ha haaaa haaaaaaa haaaaa
Old 27 May 2002, 08:22 PM
DazV
Scooby Regular

To be fair, I doubt I'd touch it on the PC either, although I will try it to see what all the fuss is about. Thing is, it doesn't look like my type of game, but because so many people have raved about it, I'll have a bash.
Old 27 May 2002, 10:35 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

From memory your not an fps fan, so dont think you will like it that much, tho if any game will convert you to the genre daz this is it.

My understanding is that Halo is on an agreement to stay xbox only until such time as microsoft release it, personally i think that will be when they are about to tell us halo 2 is coming out, as those that have finished it will have already guessed at.
Old 27 May 2002, 10:55 PM
Toonman
Scooby Regular

Halo's been coming on PC for years. Lost interest waiting for it. Ah, the X Box, a Dreamcast for a whole new generation...

Anyone read PC Format's build your own X Box article a few months back? Take a perfectly good (but old PC), throw half of it away and there you go. :-)

Cheers