Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Freeserve hell

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2004, 09:17 AM
durleydude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Freeserve hell

1/ My sister in-law was given a Windows 95 computer which I set up and everything works fine considering. She Accept I cannot register her with freeserve.
>
>2/ I realized that Windows 95 was a bit ancient so I looked up on the net the manual method of carrying out this task. This I attempted to do, first I created her new dial up connection as described in their instructions, and everything seemed to be okay. I followed everything to the letter and tried to connect in order to complete task. Modem made usual noises but failed each time. The message was that the original owner who had used it for her bosses business and was hooked up for fax as well was with ‘Breeze’ and he kept coming back on screen as the account holder with them.
>
>3/ Went back again thought I would try my old freeserve-registering disc out and that it would carry out task automatically everything worked out fine until I got so far I.e. ready to register and then it said it couldn’t find the modem. Now every time I try to reinstall the software off of this disc the same message keeps coming up.
>
>4/ I need to completely get rid of old user profile from outlook express how do I do it.
>
>5/ How do I continue with installation freeserve disc and find Modem. I no the modem and it is showing in modems I also have taken its number from inside tower but I don’t think that needed.
>
>6/ I rang freeserve and they said that it wasn’t a big problem but they were unable to help as it was a computer PC problem and that they didn’t go there. Great!
>
>7/ Is there a way that I can register and start again from scratch?
>
>8/ Wish I hadn’t got into this but there you go can you help.
Old 12 March 2004, 12:29 PM
Lagamorph
Scooby Regular

Wink

why not reinstall 95????? or better put 98se if itll go on. never used or seen breeze isp so no idea how it works i would just delete all dial ups and install internet explorer again that should overwrite any nonsense about breeze.

Andy
Old 13 March 2004, 11:08 AM
durleydude
Scooby Regular

Thankyou lagamorph, most helpful, I will try what u sudjestted.