Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Registering a website?

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2003, 10:00 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do I register a website and how do I get companies to advertise on it so I can make some money.

Ray
Old 23 November 2003, 10:05 PM
IanW
Scooby Regular

For the registration I personally use Titan

As for getting advertisers, and making money dont expect it to happen overnight, it takes time to get known.
Old 23 November 2003, 10:38 PM
Dave_A
Scooby Regular

To be blunt, if you are not even sure how to register the website, I'd hold out little hope of making money for the first 24 months of getting a website up and running. It takes a long time and plenty of pimping to get a website well known and more importantly get repeat visitors.

The effort involved in just keeping content upto date can take a lot of your time up.

Unless of course you have a killer idea that everyone wants to know about, in which case you could reap the rewards very quickly

Advertisers are only going to be interested in advertising on your site if you can either show that they will get a click-thru rate on their banner in excess of their outlay, or you can show that your site is hit by a large number of people and therefore click-thru rate is not as important, as the advertising banner is made visible to more people.

You can go down the route of having adverts on your site that you get paid a percentage per click, or these days percentage per 1000 clicks. This is not going to make you money unless you are getting hundreds of thousands of visitors a day, of whom maybe .5% will click on an advert. Hosting costs will normally outweigh any profit margin you may have.

Best advice is to only contemplate having a website if you a) enjoy it, b) look at it purely as a hobby, and c) don't expect it to make you anything.

Good luck.

Dave
www.scoobyphotos.com
Old 23 November 2003, 11:18 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Dave some very good advise ther mate and nice little plug at the end, and yes It did make me click on ya website

Ray
Old 23 November 2003, 11:29 PM
Dave_A
Scooby Regular

every little helps

Dave
www.scoobyphotos.com
Old 24 November 2003, 12:00 AM
Buckrogers
Scooby Regular

Nice site Dave.

Just a suggestion, when the photo window pops up, could you have a "next / previous" buttons on there to make it a bit easier?

Buck
Old 24 November 2003, 04:42 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

./

[Edited by RichB - 11/24/2003 4:43:23 PM]