Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Online photo storage - any recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 31 December 2002, 08:13 AM
jbryant
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi folks,

I need some recommendations for online photo storage. Y'see my mum is currently cycling round the world (yes, I know!!!) and is sending back photo films to us to be developed (30 films so far in three months!!). Unfortunately as she is on hotmail her email limits are really crap so I wanted to set up a website so that we can upload a couple of dozen of some of the better pictures for her to see when she next pops into an internet cafe (which she's doing every few days).

I've done similar to get a page for all my baby son's pics for her to look at while she's away, but that's on a baby website. Does anyone have any suggestions for storage of standard pics? Obviously standard rules apply - I don't want to be spammed by the website too much or have millions of popups if at all possible.

Thanks in advance
Joolz
Old 31 December 2002, 10:52 AM
darlodge
Scooby Regular

I registered with Hyperphoto yesterday for almost the same reason as you. Their website is here

I can't comment on their rules or their reliability but I know people who use them and they have not complained.

Darren
Old 31 December 2002, 12:34 PM
Fig
Scooby Regular

I use Fuji
Old 31 December 2002, 12:53 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

I would say try webshots :-
Webshots

or one big village photo hosting :-
One Big Village

I use both, there are bandwidth limits on viewing pictures (because you can link to them on bulletin boards etc) but for family viewing etc they should be fine.
Old 31 December 2002, 03:26 PM
jbryant
Scooby Regular

Thanks all,

Thanks for the suggestions. I've had a peek at all of them and the Fuji one is nice and colourful and easy to use. Also it seems to have varying sizes of snaps which is good in these low bandwidth internet cafes the old dear is travelling through. Even my mum could cope with the nice simple layout so I've set a quick page up using that one.

Ta!
Joolz