Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Which console ?????

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2002, 11:47 AM
Pete_UK99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers guys, we really put our hearts into the game, I'll past the message onto the rest of the team. We didn't know if people were going to like the game or not so it's really good to hear postive feed back, makes us determined to make the second one that much better. No one here was into Bike racing in till we had to start going to the races. Now most of us love it, infact one of the programmers bought an Aprillia 125 replica.

If any of you want more info on the game or talk to any of the developers this is a really good website to go to.

www.planetmgp.com
A guy who's really into the game set the site up, it,s got a good community section. If you want to post any suggestions for the sequel then this is the place to do it.
It's just a shame he put a super bike on the front page instead of a motogp one

[Edited by Pete_UK99 - 12/4/2002 11:53:37 AM]
Old 12 April 2002, 05:01 PM
Pete_UK99
Scooby Regular

No offence taken numpty scrub, but you wouldn't believe the amount of people that thought Namco made the Xbox version as well, even reviews. Swiss scooby the super bike is on the MGP web site not on the cover, although while we're on the subject of covers the US one is far superior to the Euro one. For staters the US one has the flip cover like you say plus the art work doesn't look like it's been made to look like a "you are 10 today" birthday card. Unforuntatly we don't have a say in how the front cover looks, and THQ got some other company to do the high render. We told them that we thought it looked rubbish but they still went ahead with it.

[Edited by Pete_UK99 - 12/4/2002 8:22:29 PM]
Old 12 May 2002, 10:24 AM
Pete_UK99
Scooby Regular

Yep Sudeki is being developed in Solent, Portsmouth . I haven't seen it for a while I had to do a demo video of it about 9 months ago, I think it's come on a lot since then. They've got about another year on it so it better be good. I work for the Brighton studio, we mainly do driving games.

As for the credit video, yep I'm in that as well (I actually filmed it). I'm the one who gets the loud air horn and fires it directly in one of the coders ears (Damyan). Not very clever probably dangerous but still funny.
On the Sheridan track is a building, the one that you can drive into the car park. That is in fact our offices in Brighton, our team work on the very top floor. I was orignally going to put my Subaru in the car park but didn't have time, would have been very cool, I'll see if I get time on Motogp2. Oh also if you look just outside the entrance to the car park behind the fence is a crowd, that's the team. We're also dotted around in the tunnel.

[Edited by Pete_UK99 - 12/5/2002 10:26:39 AM]
Old 03 December 2002, 10:04 AM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

As strange as it may seem in this day age I know absolutely zip about Games consoles. This is rather unfortunate as I now want one
I've played with a PS2 and an Xbox in shops and to my untrained eye there doesn't seem to be much in it.
I play a few games on my PC and tend to go for the 1st peson shooters (MoH, Wolfenstein etc etc). I also like the driving/rally games.
Assuming budget isn't an issue (within reason obviously) which console do you folks recommend in terms of range of games (I'm thinking PS2 here) and technology (I'm thinking Xbox here).

Ta

Console numpty......
Old 03 December 2002, 10:35 AM
NumptyScrub
Scooby Regular

Hmmm... the "best" answer is get whichever you like the most.

I have a PS2, and haven't bothered getting an XBox given the overlap in titles between them and the PC (if it doesn't come out on PS2 it'll probably be on the PC ). I also have a mate who bought an XBox, so that helps.

In my opinion, between the 2, there is no best. The PS2 has a load more games going for it (including all the old PS1 titles). The XBox has the better hardware for prettier graphics etc.

So, pick the one you like the best and get that, you won't be disappointed with either.

Derek
Old 03 December 2002, 10:44 AM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Cheers - only prob was I couldn't see much between them.

Have done a quick search round S'Net and found a few similar threads......I'm thinking XBox

Cheers
Old 03 December 2002, 10:55 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
If you have broadband get an Xbox. Xbox live is where it's at.
Old 03 December 2002, 02:00 PM
Richard Curtis
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Get an XBOX, you won't regret it -

There are some truly excellent FPS and driving games out for it already with a lot more to come.

FPS:
Halo - superb (Xbox only)
Timesplitters 2 - excellent (multi-format)
Unreal Torny (x-box only)

Driving:
Project Gotham - superb (x-box only)
Rallysport challenge - excellent despite the naff title (x-box only)
CM3 - very good but no so many options as RC (multi).
Moto GP - IMHO the best bike racing game on any platform (x-box only).

plus - splinter cell + Ghost recon (2 AAA titles, x-box only)

The PS2 has got a bigger back catalogue, but how many are worth buying? and are you really going to buy old PS1 titles?

Most good new titles are either multi-format (usually X-box getting the best version), or platform specific, with microsofts cash I think the better games will be on the X-box.

Rich
Old 03 December 2002, 03:03 PM
NumptyScrub
Scooby Regular

<pedantic mode>
Unreal Tournament 2003 is the PC version of that "XBox only" title

Could've sworn I had Moto GP on my PS2 as well.
</pedantic mode>

I'd have said go for the XBox too, given it is in its infancy, while the PS2 is now a toddler. You don't have Gran Turismo for the XBox though, and Project Gotham doesn't let you play with the suspension

Get the XBox, you might as well

Derek
Old 03 December 2002, 03:13 PM
swiss scooby
Scooby Regular

Wink

Definitely the Xbox!!
Old 03 December 2002, 04:33 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Motogp is also on pc, and its ok, pretty, but the realism is ****.
Old 03 December 2002, 04:37 PM
Pete_UK99
Scooby Regular

Could've sworn I had Moto GP on my PS2 as well

I find that offensive, we spent a whole year making that game I can tell you with my hand on my heart that Namco didn't have one ounce of input into that. Basically Namco bought the licence for the PS2 version where as THQ have the rights to the XBox version, meaning it's a totally different game, and far superior if you ask me but then I'm biased seeing as I made it
Old 03 December 2002, 04:42 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Have a look here for more opinions.
Old 03 December 2002, 05:59 PM
Rich Curtis
Scooby Regular

Hmm,

The thread was referring to consoles and not games platforms (i.e. a PC).

I know the PC has a few of the titles that I've listed but comparing them is a little unfair.

The XBOX is a 'console' dedicated for games only and at a price less than a half decent graphics card. They are both aimed at different markets (when was the last time you invited mates around to watch you play your PC?).

also thanks Pete for the support (great game btw, much better than the Namco effort )

Rich
Old 03 December 2002, 08:27 PM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

With the current deals on the X-Box, how can you resist?
Old 03 December 2002, 09:39 PM
swiss scooby
Scooby Regular

Wink

Pete, Moto GP is one of the best racing games ever!! Thank you + your team (THQ) for the Xbox support! People out there really appreciate your hard work. I can't wait to get Xbox-live for Moto GP.
Old 04 December 2002, 02:04 PM
NumptyScrub
Scooby Regular

Pete, wasn't having a crack. Just mentioning that I had a title called "Moto GP" for my PS2... the fact that it is inferior to the XBox version doesn't make Moto GP XBox only. I have the utmost respect for THQ and if you work there then I feel I must worship you for a while

And regarding "I wasn't referring to a games platform like the PC", well, fair enough but that wasn't mentioned in the post. I was simply remarking that I had some of those "XBox only" titles running on non-XBox platforms by buying the retail version for that platform. I guess pedanticism doesn't pay...

Derek
Old 04 December 2002, 02:49 PM
swiss scooby
Scooby Regular

Isn't MotoGP the only Xbox game cover, that you can actually turn around and have a different cover (i.e. two covers)? BTW I have the US-Version of it! I didn't notice the Superbike mixup though.
Old 05 December 2002, 10:15 AM
swiss scooby
Scooby Regular

Wink

Pete, are you actually working for Climax UK?? Aren't you the guys that currently develop the game 'Sudeki' for Xbox?? Looks fabulous so far!!
Are you also shown at the MotoGP 'Credits'-Movie, where they show all the people, that were involved in MotoGP?
Old 05 December 2002, 02:34 PM
swiss scooby
Scooby Regular

Smile

WOW!!!
Cool info regarding MotoGP, I will check it out tonight!
Sudeki looks really good so far. I am sure they will use the time to make a decent game. BTW, Do you want to switch Jobs??? It looks like you guys at Climax have a pretty good time in your office (LOL). Would be cool if you could place a scooby somewhere in the background in the next MotoGP!!! (probably helps selling the game aswell!)he,he
Old 05 December 2002, 07:01 PM
Pete_UK99
Scooby Regular

"It looks like you guys at Climax have a pretty good time in your office (LOL)."

Yep it's like going to college every day, don't do any work till the last minute...oops shouldn't be saying that.

I'll try and put a scooby in, the only trouble is some people will think that you'll be able to unlock it and race around the tracks.
Old 06 December 2002, 01:00 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
"the only trouble is some people will think that you'll be able to unlock it and race around the tracks."

And that's a problem?? Rumours like that keep intrigue up.