Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Wanted..Excel whizzkid

Search this Thread

Old 15 July 2002, 04:10 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would any of you boffins out there have a spreadsheet i can pinch so as i can make it easier to calculate our companys mobile phone bills into private and work related numbers.

At the moment I use one I have created myself which works in the following TEDIOUS way:

1. I get the complete bill from phone company and paste the contents into the first workbook I have called master.

2. I sort the master by line No(i.e the individual phone numbers)

3. I copy the info for the one particular phone into another workbook titled with that specific phone number.

4. I then sort that workbook by number dialled, this then separates the calls into blocks grouped by number dialled.

5. repeat this for the other 4 phones.

this is o.k., but we still have to then trawl through the finished sorted workbooks to separate the private from the work calls. ideally, I would like to keep the same layout, i.e., master and individual phone workbooks, but with the addition of fields on the master where we can input varous numbers for xcel to look for, and also allocate it as a private or personal number. the individual workbooks would then group the numbers as before, but with a new coulum to show the total for each group of numbers, and grand totals to show the to total personal and total private calls.

If you can help please let me know, I can send you one of my spreadsheets if required.
I think i could with time divise something myself, but unfortunately I havent got any. I would be happy to return the favour with beer vouchers.

cheers,

mj.
Old 15 July 2002, 06:28 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

still thinking?
Old 15 July 2002, 06:38 PM
nkh
Scooby Regular

You have mail