Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

What's recon to the new call of duty?

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2014, 12:22 PM
lord shaun 83
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's recon to the new call of duty?

Is it just me being crap at these new call of duty games online? Or have they just got rediculasly ****?
Old 17 November 2014, 12:28 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

I'm a fussy gamer, i only really like cod 2/3/4/ modern warfare 2 and black ops 2 all the others I don't like.im trying to get on with the new one..........
Old 23 November 2014, 04:56 PM
Evolution Stu
Administrator
Support Scoobynet!

I like it personally, looks and plays awesome!

Old 23 November 2014, 05:07 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 23 November 2014, 05:10 PM
scooby87
Scooby Regular

That is a cool freaking setup!!!!!!!!!

I imagine you are crap online because you're getting older like me now, my mates 16 year old brother always destroys me and him.....

I don't have the time to practice like I used to, so I suck. I think they are still just as good if not better though.... but I guess they are all similar.
Old 24 November 2014, 09:35 AM
Evolution Stu
Administrator
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by scooby87
I imagine you are crap online because you're getting older like me now, my mates 16 year old brother always destroys me and him...
Yeah, I just enjoy the single player campaign mode now, my reactions simply wont let me compete online anymore. Its just an exercise in frustration. LOL
Old 24 November 2014, 03:53 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

COD AW is one of the biggest bug ridden piles of crap I have had the misfortune to play for some time.

BSOD, freezes, corrupt game saves etc etc.

It's times like this I hate PC gaming, and knew I should have plumbed for the "lesser" console versions.

When I spend more time dealing with getting the thing just to remain stable, than I do playing...... something is seriously wrong.

PC master race..... my ****!
Old 24 November 2014, 05:15 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Very similar to my 3 screen setup Stu, is the new CoD native with Eyefinity unlike the piece of crap that was Ghosts? Or do you need Flawless widescreen to make it work?
Old 24 November 2014, 10:02 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the campaign is decent, but online is crap

COD used to be realistic and you could put yourself in the situation, but AW is just like titanfall and similar. people sniping from the roof tops, being invisible and jumping with rocket packs

wish I'd never bought it

loving farcry 4
Old 24 November 2014, 11:29 PM
Beef
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaun
COD AW is one of the biggest bug ridden piles of crap I have had the misfortune to play for some time.

It's times like this I hate PC gaming, and knew I should have plumbed for the "lesser" console versions.

When I spend more time dealing with getting the thing just to remain stable, than I do playing...... something is seriously wrong.

PC master race..... my ****!
Poor quality PC port? Must be the fault of the platform, can't possibly be a crap job by the developer.

People buy this regurgitated crap year after year, proving to the devs that they don't actually have to put any real effort in, and you're surprised when their work is low quality?
Old 24 November 2014, 11:33 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by BoozyDave
the campaign is decent, but online is crap

COD used to be realistic and you could put yourself in the situation, but AW is just like titanfall and similar. people sniping from the roof tops, being invisible and jumping with rocket packs

wish I'd never bought it

loving farcry 4
roll on the new battlefield i say.............
Old 25 November 2014, 08:39 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Not tried it really but I always got the feeling from the previous CODs I own etc the maps were too small, you can see this in Titanfall also, maps are mad skirmish types.

battlefield is where my heart lies, massive maps drive stuff love it...
Old 25 November 2014, 06:02 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Beef
Poor quality PC port? Must be the fault of the platform, can't possibly be a crap job by the developer.

People buy this regurgitated crap year after year, proving to the devs that they don't actually have to put any real effort in, and you're surprised when their work is low quality?

Crap development or not. I'm a customer who thought he would stick with the better platform (in this instance), and ultimately I've got a vastly sub-standard experience.

Anyone who has kept an eye on PC releases over the past 6 months, will recognise that this is starting to become the norm (more often than not).

Console releases aren't exactly awesome either, but I don't have to fathom out issues with hardware, OS, drivers etc etc to get corrections sorted. I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE FLAMING GAME!

Is that really too much to ask, and I'm certainly not on my own.

I've spent nearly as much time getting this game to work, then I have playing it. Believe me.... I'm no muppet when it comes to PC's either.
Old 25 November 2014, 11:16 PM
Beef
Scooby Regular

Like you say, console releases are hardly immune these days, but my main point is that you have bought a game from a known untrustworthy company that simply recycles the same crap year-in year-out; of course it's going to be an unreliable, buggy piece of crap. The fact that there are plenty of perfectly playable and stable titles shows me that there's nothing wrong with the platform, meaning it can only be below-standard development - and you've rewarded this "effort" by giving them your money; exactly what incentive do they have to improve?

The only way to change this is to simply stop giving these companies your money. Note that I'm not saying you should pirate - that simply makes them think they're 'losing sales' and that it's a good idea to impose ever more draconian (and system destabilising) DRM - I mean simply utterly ignore the game and play one of the many other titles from less crappy companies.
Old 26 November 2014, 09:12 AM
Evolution Stu
Administrator
Support Scoobynet!

I know what you mean mate.
For once, this title just works for me, no crashes, runs at 120FPS with all graphics maxed no problem and seems to work just fine, but ive been where your sat many a time mate and just lost interest.

Like Beef rightly says though, we keep ****ing paying though dont we?

What crash codes are you getting though, maybe can help?

Last edited by Evolution Stu; 26 November 2014 at 09:14 AM.
Old 27 November 2014, 09:57 PM
Evolution Stu
Administrator
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by ScoobyJawa
Very similar to my 3 screen setup Stu, is the new CoD native with Eyefinity unlike the piece of crap that was Ghosts? Or do you need Flawless widescreen to make it work?
Sorry mate, meant to reply to this and forgot due to all Shaun's whinging.
It works natively but the perspective, as usual, is screwed so flawless widescreen fixes it nicely. As usual.
Old 28 November 2014, 08:57 AM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

PMSL @ whinging!

I've bought a number of PC AAA titles this year, and more often then not, the amount of faffing around I've needed to do just to get them stable has been a bit of a joke. Issues have been well documented on the net. I'd agree with Beef that this is more about the development then the platform, but the PC platform (being open) isn't going to help things.

I've resolved the COD issues by reinstalling on another PC (from my main PC, to my gaming rig). They are very similar specifications, but I can only assume the main PC is having some form of conflict on the COD front. The issues I experienced with COD are also well documented on the net, although I was fortunate enough to have another "cleaner" set-up to install on.

Had I bought the console version, I wouldn't have had these types of issues. So whilst some people will say that the PC platform is the best, and that consoles are old this and old that...... when it comes down to playing the game, I would suggest (based on the last 12 months of releases) in general terms, the console platform is more stable. From a pure gamers perspective, more defined gfx effects etc are secondary to just being able to get on and play the game.

I made a decision for this current gen of consoles to a) buy them all lol and b) use the PC for cross platform releases (preferring to utilise the better gfx). However, my experiences of the latter has now made me question that moving forward.
Old 28 November 2014, 10:13 AM
Beef
Scooby Regular

PMSL @ whinging!

I've bought a number of PC AAA titles this year, and more often then not, the amount of faffing around I've needed to do just to get them stable has been a bit of a joke. Issues have been well documented on the net. I'd agree with Beef that this is more about the development then the platform, but the PC platform (being open) isn't going to help things.

I've resolved the COD issues by reinstalling on another PC (from my main PC, to my gaming rig). They are very similar specifications, but I can only assume the main PC is having some form of conflict on the COD front. The issues I experienced with COD are also well documented on the net, although I was fortunate enough to have another "cleaner" set-up to install on.

Had I bought the console version, I wouldn't have had these types of issues. So whilst some people will say that the PC platform is the best, and that consoles are old this and old that...... when it comes down to playing the game, I would suggest (based on the last 12 months of releases) in general terms, the console platform is more stable. From a pure gamers perspective, more defined gfx effects etc are secondary to just being able to get on and play the game.

I made a decision for this current gen of consoles to a) buy them all lol and b) use the PC for cross platform releases (preferring to utilise the better gfx). However, my experiences of the latter has now made me question that moving forward.
While I can understand your annoyance, by doing that you're not actually helping the situation - all you're doing is bending over and allowing them to shaft you three ways; higher prices, lower quality, and to continue with getting away with pulling this kind of crap.

I've personally noticed that AAA is no sign of quality (especially when it's Ubisoft), and says more about how much they're planning to spend on marketing vs it being a game worth playing.

With all that being said, did you see the patch notes for AC: Unity? Something like 300 fixes, and that was just for the PS4 version. Even then, the patch has introduced new issues, like the lighting in this area - and again, this is the PS4 version, where supposedly the platform is a known quantity:

https://i.imgur.com/dLfX3VT.png
Old 28 November 2014, 10:29 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stu @ Internet Brands
Sorry mate, meant to reply to this and forgot due to all Shaun's whinging.
It works natively but the perspective, as usual, is screwed so flawless widescreen fixes it nicely. As usual.
bloody coders
Old 28 November 2014, 12:32 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Beef,
Don't get me wrong, the whole thing appears to be a bit of a cluster ****. But recently the consoles have appeared to be slightly less of a cluster ****.
Old 28 November 2014, 04:42 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

The last cod that I bought was MW2. On the look out for a fps when I finally pick up an Xbox One hopfully with Forza 5. Is the the Cod really that bad? What is Destiny like?
Old 28 November 2014, 07:52 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

The game (play) itself is good imo.

Destiny is a proper grindfest.... Whatever floats your boat. Destiny is quite boring imo.

Last edited by Shaun; 28 November 2014 at 07:53 PM.