ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   What's recon to the new call of duty? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/1015389-whats-recon-to-the-new-call-of-duty.html)

lord shaun 83 17 November 2014 12:22 PM

What's recon to the new call of duty?

Is it just me being crap at these new call of duty games online? Or have they just got rediculasly ****?

the shreksta 17 November 2014 12:28 PM

I'm a fussy gamer, i only really like cod 2/3/4/ modern warfare 2 and black ops 2 all the others I don't like.im trying to get on with the new one..........

Evolution Stu 23 November 2014 04:56 PM

I like it personally, looks and plays awesome!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...44230478_o.jpg

BBB3 23 November 2014 05:07 PM

:lol1:

scooby87 23 November 2014 05:10 PM

That is a cool freaking setup!!!!!!!!!

I imagine you are crap online because you're getting older like me now, my mates 16 year old brother always destroys me and him.....

I don't have the time to practice like I used to, so I suck. I think they are still just as good if not better though.... but I guess they are all similar.

Evolution Stu 24 November 2014 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by scooby87 (Post 11566888)
I imagine you are crap online because you're getting older like me now, my mates 16 year old brother always destroys me and him...

Yeah, I just enjoy the single player campaign mode now, my reactions simply wont let me compete online anymore. Its just an exercise in frustration. LOL

Shaun 24 November 2014 03:53 PM

COD AW is one of the biggest bug ridden piles of crap I have had the misfortune to play for some time.

BSOD, freezes, corrupt game saves etc etc.

It's times like this I hate PC gaming, and knew I should have plumbed for the "lesser" console versions.

When I spend more time dealing with getting the thing just to remain stable, than I do playing...... something is seriously wrong.

PC master race..... my arse!

ScoobyJawa 24 November 2014 05:15 PM

Very similar to my 3 screen setup Stu, is the new CoD native with Eyefinity unlike the piece of crap that was Ghosts? Or do you need Flawless widescreen to make it work?

BoozyDave 24 November 2014 10:02 PM

the campaign is decent, but online is crap

COD used to be realistic and you could put yourself in the situation, but AW is just like titanfall and similar. people sniping from the roof tops, being invisible and jumping with rocket packs :cuckoo:

wish I'd never bought it :(

loving farcry 4

Beef 24 November 2014 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 11567578)
COD AW is one of the biggest bug ridden piles of crap I have had the misfortune to play for some time.

It's times like this I hate PC gaming, and knew I should have plumbed for the "lesser" console versions.

When I spend more time dealing with getting the thing just to remain stable, than I do playing...... something is seriously wrong.

PC master race..... my arse!

Poor quality PC port? Must be the fault of the platform, can't possibly be a crap job by the developer.

People buy this regurgitated crap year after year, proving to the devs that they don't actually have to put any real effort in, and you're surprised when their work is low quality?

the shreksta 24 November 2014 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by BoozyDave (Post 11567843)
the campaign is decent, but online is crap

COD used to be realistic and you could put yourself in the situation, but AW is just like titanfall and similar. people sniping from the roof tops, being invisible and jumping with rocket packs :cuckoo:

wish I'd never bought it :(

loving farcry 4

roll on the new battlefield i say.............

Littleted 25 November 2014 08:39 AM

Not tried it really but I always got the feeling from the previous CODs I own etc the maps were too small, you can see this in Titanfall also, maps are mad skirmish types.

battlefield is where my heart lies, massive maps drive stuff love it...

Shaun 25 November 2014 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Beef (Post 11567885)
Poor quality PC port? Must be the fault of the platform, can't possibly be a crap job by the developer.

People buy this regurgitated crap year after year, proving to the devs that they don't actually have to put any real effort in, and you're surprised when their work is low quality?

Crap development or not. I'm a customer who thought he would stick with the better platform (in this instance), and ultimately I've got a vastly sub-standard experience.

Anyone who has kept an eye on PC releases over the past 6 months, will recognise that this is starting to become the norm (more often than not).

Console releases aren't exactly awesome either, but I don't have to fathom out issues with hardware, OS, drivers etc etc to get corrections sorted. I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE FLAMING GAME!

Is that really too much to ask, and I'm certainly not on my own.

I've spent nearly as much time getting this game to work, then I have playing it. Believe me.... I'm no muppet when it comes to PC's either.

Beef 25 November 2014 11:16 PM

Like you say, console releases are hardly immune these days, but my main point is that you have bought a game from a known untrustworthy company that simply recycles the same crap year-in year-out; of course it's going to be an unreliable, buggy piece of crap. The fact that there are plenty of perfectly playable and stable titles shows me that there's nothing wrong with the platform, meaning it can only be below-standard development - and you've rewarded this "effort" by giving them your money; exactly what incentive do they have to improve?

The only way to change this is to simply stop giving these companies your money. Note that I'm not saying you should pirate - that simply makes them think they're 'losing sales' and that it's a good idea to impose ever more draconian (and system destabilising) DRM - I mean simply utterly ignore the game and play one of the many other titles from less crappy companies.

Evolution Stu 26 November 2014 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 11567578)

I know what you mean mate.
For once, this title just works for me, no crashes, runs at 120FPS with all graphics maxed no problem and seems to work just fine, but ive been where your sat many a time mate and just lost interest.

Like Beef rightly says though, we keep ****ing paying though dont we? :(

What crash codes are you getting though, maybe can help?

Evolution Stu 27 November 2014 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyJawa (Post 11567618)
Very similar to my 3 screen setup Stu, is the new CoD native with Eyefinity unlike the piece of crap that was Ghosts? Or do you need Flawless widescreen to make it work?

Sorry mate, meant to reply to this and forgot due to all Shaun's whinging.
It works natively but the perspective, as usual, is screwed so flawless widescreen fixes it nicely. As usual.

Shaun 28 November 2014 08:57 AM

PMSL @ whinging! ;)

I've bought a number of PC AAA titles this year, and more often then not, the amount of faffing around I've needed to do just to get them stable has been a bit of a joke. Issues have been well documented on the net. I'd agree with Beef that this is more about the development then the platform, but the PC platform (being open) isn't going to help things.

I've resolved the COD issues by reinstalling on another PC (from my main PC, to my gaming rig). They are very similar specifications, but I can only assume the main PC is having some form of conflict on the COD front. The issues I experienced with COD are also well documented on the net, although I was fortunate enough to have another "cleaner" set-up to install on.

Had I bought the console version, I wouldn't have had these types of issues. So whilst some people will say that the PC platform is the best, and that consoles are old this and old that...... when it comes down to playing the game, I would suggest (based on the last 12 months of releases) in general terms, the console platform is more stable. From a pure gamers perspective, more defined gfx effects etc are secondary to just being able to get on and play the game. ;)

I made a decision for this current gen of consoles to a) buy them all lol and b) use the PC for cross platform releases (preferring to utilise the better gfx). However, my experiences of the latter has now made me question that moving forward.

Beef 28 November 2014 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 11570447)
PMSL @ whinging! ;)

I've bought a number of PC AAA titles this year, and more often then not, the amount of faffing around I've needed to do just to get them stable has been a bit of a joke. Issues have been well documented on the net. I'd agree with Beef that this is more about the development then the platform, but the PC platform (being open) isn't going to help things.

I've resolved the COD issues by reinstalling on another PC (from my main PC, to my gaming rig). They are very similar specifications, but I can only assume the main PC is having some form of conflict on the COD front. The issues I experienced with COD are also well documented on the net, although I was fortunate enough to have another "cleaner" set-up to install on.

Had I bought the console version, I wouldn't have had these types of issues. So whilst some people will say that the PC platform is the best, and that consoles are old this and old that...... when it comes down to playing the game, I would suggest (based on the last 12 months of releases) in general terms, the console platform is more stable. From a pure gamers perspective, more defined gfx effects etc are secondary to just being able to get on and play the game. ;)

I made a decision for this current gen of consoles to a) buy them all lol and b) use the PC for cross platform releases (preferring to utilise the better gfx). However, my experiences of the latter has now made me question that moving forward.

While I can understand your annoyance, by doing that you're not actually helping the situation - all you're doing is bending over and allowing them to shaft you three ways; higher prices, lower quality, and to continue with getting away with pulling this kind of crap.

I've personally noticed that AAA is no sign of quality (especially when it's Ubisoft), and says more about how much they're planning to spend on marketing vs it being a game worth playing.

With all that being said, did you see the patch notes for AC: Unity? Something like 300 fixes, and that was just for the PS4 version. Even then, the patch has introduced new issues, like the lighting in this area - and again, this is the PS4 version, where supposedly the platform is a known quantity:

https://i.imgur.com/dLfX3VT.png

ScoobyJawa 28 November 2014 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Stu @ Internet Brands (Post 11570297)
Sorry mate, meant to reply to this and forgot due to all Shaun's whinging.
It works natively but the perspective, as usual, is screwed so flawless widescreen fixes it nicely. As usual.

:thumb: bloody coders :D

Shaun 28 November 2014 12:32 PM

Beef,
Don't get me wrong, the whole thing appears to be a bit of a cluster ****. But recently the consoles have appeared to be slightly less of a cluster ****.

Gear Head 28 November 2014 04:42 PM

The last cod that I bought was MW2. On the look out for a fps when I finally pick up an Xbox One hopfully with Forza 5. Is the the Cod really that bad? What is Destiny like? :wonder:

Shaun 28 November 2014 07:52 PM

The game (play) itself is good imo.

Destiny is a proper grindfest.... Whatever floats your boat. Destiny is quite boring imo.