Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Copying Photos to my IPhone and IPad

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2014, 01:45 PM
DaveMiddleton
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Copying Photos to my IPhone and IPad

On my PC I keep about 3000 photos sorted into many folders.
The same photos are on my IPhone 5 and IPad.
I seem to have forgotten (if I ever knew) how to sync any new additions in my PC to these other devices except by connecting them and syncing ALL the photos again.- this takes quite a while.
How can I just insert these (roughly 10) photos whilst still obviously retaining the other 3000???
Thanks.
Old 24 April 2014, 02:24 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quickest and simplest way is to email them to yourself, to be honest, and then save the pics in the email to your devices

Or create different picture folders on your pc and sinc just the folders you want to your ipad and iphone via itunes, as you would with music. Itunes should "see" the individual picture folders.
Old 24 April 2014, 11:51 PM
DaveMiddleton
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Devildog
Quickest and simplest way is to email them to yourself, to be honest, and then save the pics in the email to your devices

Or create different picture folders on your pc and sinc just the folders you want to your ipad and iphone via itunes, as you would with music. Itunes should "see" the individual picture folders.
Thanks for the info. I will try e mail route.
Old 25 April 2014, 08:43 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

One other solution is to use dropbox so sync all photos to your devices automatically. This is what I use.

This means that as soon as you take a pic on any of your devices it is stored in the photos folder in dropbox and then each other device setup with dropbox will automatically have those photos sync'd to them.

With dropbox you get 2gb storage free but if you need more the plans are very cheap and it makes a safe and very easy way to sync photos but also as a backup.

Apple devices and android both support camera uploads to dropbox with the dropbox app.
Old 25 April 2014, 09:34 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Check your settings in iTunes, this should be simple.
Old 25 April 2014, 09:36 AM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us
One other solution is to use dropbox so sync all photos to your devices automatically. This is what I use.

This means that as soon as you take a pic on any of your devices it is stored in the photos folder in dropbox and then each other device setup with dropbox will automatically have those photos sync'd to them.

With dropbox you get 2gb storage free but if you need more the plans are very cheap and it makes a safe and very easy way to sync photos but also as a backup.

Apple devices and android both support camera uploads to dropbox with the dropbox app.
Does that work tho if you take pictures with a camera (remember those?) and copy the image files from the camera/card reader to your pc?
Old 25 April 2014, 09:56 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

email is probably the most simplistic way of doing it for a few files, but multiples its a pain in the ****.

Another option which I use is to use photobucket.

Download the app if you haven't already, click + and select the photo's you want if not them all, and press GO........ leave it to do what it has to do, typically a photo on wifi will take 5 seconds, so you can shift 700* pictures in an hour for fun, then open the same photobucket account on the other device and upload from them onto the device you want them on.

*you are allocated a fair usage, beyond this you may need to pay a fee, circ £3 for one month if I recall.

Hope this helps.
Rob

Rob
Old 25 April 2014, 11:05 AM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Whenever i take pics they automatically go to all my devices like my laptop etc? I ain't using anything other than my iphone and iTunes and have never pìssed around with it tbh, they are just there. Create a camera roll share, I've got one of those for pics for me and the mrs. So if I'm out I can snap a pic and put it in the selected folder and it shared straight with my partners phone, so ant see why you can't do that with your other devices?
Old 25 April 2014, 11:59 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Does that work tho if you take pictures with a camera (remember those?) and copy the image files from the camera/card reader to your pc?
If you copy them off the camera and place them in your dropbox photos folder on your pc then yes then they get sync'd back to your iphone/ipad/android device.
Old 25 April 2014, 02:09 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Infected by sti
Whenever i take pics they automatically go to all my devices like my laptop etc? I ain't using anything other than my iphone and iTunes and have never pìssed around with it tbh, they are just there. Create a camera roll share, I've got one of those for pics for me and the mrs. So if I'm out I can snap a pic and put it in the selected folder and it shared straight with my partners phone, so ant see why you can't do that with your other devices?
Thats fine if you're taking the pictures with your phone, but doesn't work if you are taking them with a stand alone camera.
Old 25 April 2014, 02:11 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us
If you copy them off the camera and place them in your dropbox photos folder on your pc then yes then they get sync'd back to your iphone/ipad/android device.
cool, cheers.
Old 25 April 2014, 02:22 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

cool, cheers.
No problem. Best thing to do is give it a try and see how you get on with it. Dropbox is probably the number 1 free and paid for cloud storage and file sync service so not some tinpot startup to worry over syncing your files with.

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 25 April 2014 at 02:23 PM.
Old 25 April 2014, 06:34 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I bought my missus an sd adapter from apple and it will copy all the pictures to her ipad