Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Bilt Hamber Surfex HD or Bilt Hamber Snow Foam?

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2014, 05:34 PM
Bean592
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bilt Hamber Surfex HD or Bilt Hamber Snow Foam?

As above really, just got myself a foam lance for my karcher k2 and been looking into getting myself something to put in it. So looking online Auto Express seems to rate the HD but doesn't compare it to snowfoam :/ so does anyone know the difference or which is best?

Any info would be awesome,

Cheers

Jon
Old 10 February 2014, 06:16 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Simple answer, buy both. I tend to get 5L of the snowfoam and the trigger bottle of surfex HD.

Surfex is more of a degreaser/all purpose cleaner where as the snowfoam does what it says on the tin. My normal method is to pre-soak the bottom half of the car with surfex, then spray the whole car with snowfoam and rinse.
Old 10 February 2014, 06:46 PM
Bean592
Scooby Regular

Ahh, ok I see now I was just going on the Auto Express review but as I'm new to all this detailing stuff I find you can't beat real world advice such as yours. So I'll look at ordering both and giving it a whirl.

Cheers

Jon
Old 10 February 2014, 06:58 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

No probs. Surfex works well on exhausts/engine bays, neat on the exhaust and diluted on the engine bay with a quick bushing over.
Old 10 February 2014, 07:03 PM
Bean592
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by neil-h
No probs. Surfex works well on exhausts/engine bays, neat on the exhaust and diluted on the engine bay with a quick bushing over.
Nice, I've been using diluted gunk degreser and muck of on the engine bay with decent results followed by aerospace 303 to keep it shiny but may have a go with the HD when it arrives

Have you used the Bilt Hamber clay and wax and is it any good as I've ordered their the wash and clean kit to try?
Old 10 February 2014, 07:46 PM
Osimabu
Scooby Regular

Everything BH make is brilliant. There are various other good products out there, but if you want to make your life easy, stick with BH.

The clay is great as you only need water as its lubricant, and as for the wax, well Autobalm is amazing, if fairly good exercise to apply.

Autowash car shampoo (one teaspoon per wash) is the best too.

Having said all that, I use Demon Wash Snow Foam Shampoo as my initial snowfoam as it's only a fiver for two litres at Wilkinsons at the moment.
Old 10 February 2014, 07:56 PM
Bean592
Scooby Regular

Is the deamon wash foam good then? Like I said I'm new to this detailing stuff. Always looked after my previous cars but only to the point of washing and occasional polish but with the scoob being so clean already I want to keep it that way hence the million questions, lol!

Any other good products you can reccomended?

Jon
Old 10 February 2014, 08:15 PM
Osimabu
Scooby Regular

I rate the Demon Foam as it's cheap! It works fine as far as I'm concerned, too. All you're doing is loosening the main bits of dirt with it prior to blasting everything off with your pressure washer before washing, so I can't see the point in spending a lot on it.

As I say, otherwise, stick with BH (although I actually like ArmorAll Shield Wax as it's ridiculously easy to apply, leaves a great shine and lasts very well too). But Autobalm is better if you've time.

Last edited by Osimabu; 10 February 2014 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Dyslexia!
Old 10 February 2014, 08:29 PM
Bean592
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Osimabu
I rate the Demon Foam as it's cheap! It works fine as far as I'm concenred, too. All you're doing is loosening the main bits of dirt with it prior to blasting everything off with your pressure washer before washing, so I can't see the point in spending a lot on it.

As I say, otherwise, stick with BH (although I actually like ArmorAll Shield Wax as it's ridiculously easy to apply, leaves a great shine and lasts very well too). But Autobalm is better if you've time.
I have actually got the ArmorAll wax and I can say too I rate it and I'm going to get some of the demon foam to try as you can't fault it for a fiver

Hopefully we will get some decent weather and I can have a go with it all and see what the results are.

Jon
Old 11 February 2014, 11:29 AM
Bean592
Scooby Regular

Anybody else reccomended me any products or techniques to keep the scoob looking like new?

Cheers