Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection

Search this Thread

Old 29 February 2008, 06:25 PM
postie90
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection

Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, once i have used this do i need to put a wax on afterwards? or this this the last step, also how do you apply this product effectivly by hand? i mean do you have to rub in in or just apply and buff off thanks in advance people!!!!
Old 29 February 2008, 07:33 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

you dont need a wax but the wax that in the blackfire range is very good and will improve the look... yep rub on buff off easy mate and really makes the paint look great
Old 01 March 2008, 10:37 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Like the all finish paint protection but dont like their ivory carnauba wax as i dont think it enhances the finish of all finish paint protection like other waxes do, seems more a wax for wax sake to me from a finish point of view anyway.Not tried their midnight sun yet but at £39.99 dont think its worth the risk(sorry polished bliss)happy with what im currently using over all finish p-p for the time being or even just layering all finish paint protection-love the stuff on its own to be honest.

As for applying Says on the bottle apply to a sml section at a time however i find its better/easier to rub off after about 15mins (in this temp anyway)-generally work round me car in sections- roof/bonnet/boot seperately buffing off in between then apply to the whole of one side before buffing off then other side-like i say this will change when it gets warmer as obviously it`l dry quicker.Just use a meguiars sponge applicator(or equivalent) to apply and 2 microfibres to buff off , one to buff the majority off + another cleaner one for finishing off.

Last edited by ukdave; 01 March 2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 02 March 2008, 10:21 AM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Wink

Can't believe you still got the UK turbo Dave... Thats all I used to use on my Type R...
I just used to top up the all finish paint protection at least once a week lol... Every month or so, I ended up doing a 3 stage process to get little marks back out...
Old 02 March 2008, 04:35 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

the midnight sun is very good mate later this week i will post up my photos of my hard work over the last 3 days.
Old 04 March 2008, 02:50 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Look forward to it! Midnight Sun definitely adds a lot more in terms of depth of colour and wetness; a real improvement over the old version IMHO. In fact, I would be so bold as to say Midnight Sun has the edge on Zymol Concours... which is four times the price!
Old 05 March 2008, 02:30 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Polished Bliss
Look forward to it! Midnight Sun definitely adds a lot more in terms of depth of colour and wetness; a real improvement over the old version IMHO. In fact, I would be so bold as to say Midnight Sun has the edge on Zymol Concours... which is four times the price!
my home pc is down at the min ( thanks BT for all your help )

do you still do show and shine ? will have to sort out a little write up
Old 05 March 2008, 08:06 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoobyslammed
Can't believe you still got the UK turbo Dave... Thats all I used to use on my Type R...
I just used to top up the all finish paint protection at least once a week lol... Every month or so, I ended up doing a 3 stage process to get little marks back out...
Lol Had it 5yrs mate,to upgrade performance wise its like other than a sti type-r it would have to be an evo, an to be fair would want an 8 an cant afford that/dont mind blobeyes but dont like em enough to sell mine-still only 53,000 on it so im sorta like whats the point selling-classic prices are terrible at the mo and petrol price aint helping things.
Initially were gonna sell it this yr but the way prices are going-it aint gonna happen-its worth more to me.
Old 06 March 2008, 06:33 AM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by ukdave
Lol Had it 5yrs mate,to upgrade performance wise its like other than a sti type-r it would have to be an evo, an to be fair would want an 8 an cant afford that/dont mind blobeyes but dont like em enough to sell mine-still only 53,000 on it so im sorta like whats the point selling-classic prices are terrible at the mo and petrol price aint helping things.
Initially were gonna sell it this yr but the way prices are going-it aint gonna happen-its worth more to me.
Keep it mate... its a minter.
Old 10 March 2008, 12:03 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by F1 CJE UK
my home pc is down at the min ( thanks BT for all your help )

do you still do show and shine ? will have to sort out a little write up
Yep, just recently added the last couple of winners, Feb to be uploaded soon as well. Prize is now £150 worth of goodies, so get one in!