Blob WRX Wagon 2.1 Stroker Project - Page 21 - ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum



Projects For Serious DIY Car Projects

Blob WRX Wagon 2.1 Stroker Project

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02 March 2018, 11:21 AM   #601  
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
RAGGY DOO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Avoid bob Rawle
Posts: 2,151
Default

Hope he stands over this **** up
RAGGY DOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 March 2018, 12:03 PM   #602  
ScottyPPP
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobypaul_temp View Post
Any update Scott?
Nothing yet, I replied to him last week after I got his email to say I have no idea how on earth that could have been caused by damp etc, and I also asked him about the potentially cracked valve seat etc in the head etc. That was a week ago today and haven't had anything back yet.

Last edited by ScottyPPP; 02 March 2018 at 12:07 PM.
ScottyPPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 March 2018, 12:09 PM   #603  
scoobypaul_temp
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: milk n beans
Posts: 543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyPPP View Post
Nothing yet, I replied to him last week after I got his email to say I have no idea how on earth that could have been caused by damp etc, and I also asked him about the potentially cracked valve seat etc in the head etc. That was a week ago today and haven't had anything back yet.
FFS

I feel for you, this does not show WMS in a good light (IMO).

Hope you get resolved soon
scoobypaul_temp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02 March 2018, 12:53 PM   #604  
ScottyPPP
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobypaul_temp View Post
FFS

I feel for you, this does not show WMS in a good light (IMO).

Hope you get resolved soon
I'm trying to remain impartial really, I don't want to bad mouth him etc, I'll just keep to the facts and give the updates when I have them.
ScottyPPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 March 2018, 01:25 PM   #605  
scoobypaul_temp
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: milk n beans
Posts: 543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyPPP View Post
I'm trying to remain impartial really, I don't want to bad mouth him etc, I'll just keep to the facts and give the updates when I have them.
Fair play to you - I think you are being very patient, and civil
scoobypaul_temp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02 March 2018, 02:13 PM   #606  
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
BrownPantsRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Herts & Bucks
Posts: 6,691
Default

Agreed. It may be a machinist error or a block issue that just wasn't spotted. No point throwing mud until they have had a chance to try put it right, which hopefully they are doing.
BrownPantsRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 March 2018, 02:31 PM   #607  
1509joe
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Not sure
Posts: 1,334
Default

Did you ever s**t in a toilet bowl and then clean it and miss a bit well that's what this is like except the toilet bowl can't be turned upside down and rolled over easily missed.
1509joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 March 2018, 11:08 AM   #608  
ScottyPPP
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing View Post
Agreed. It may be a machinist error or a block issue that just wasn't spotted. No point throwing mud until they have had a chance to try put it right, which hopefully they are doing.
See what happens, it's still going to cost me a fair amount in parts even if it does get fixed.
ScottyPPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 March 2018, 09:50 AM   #609  
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
BrownPantsRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Herts & Bucks
Posts: 6,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyPPP View Post
See what happens, it's still going to cost me a fair amount in parts even if it does get fixed.

That's something I would have difficulty swallowing to be honest. That much more personal loss due to someone else's error.


Lets see what happens. Fingers crossed.
BrownPantsRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 March 2018, 02:02 PM   #610  
ScottyPPP
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,400
Default

Well my daily 330ci Convertible has been written off now
ScottyPPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 March 2018, 08:31 AM   #611  
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
BrownPantsRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Herts & Bucks
Posts: 6,691
Default

BrownPantsRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2018, 08:26 PM   #612  
ScottyPPP
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,400
Default

Just had an update from Andy, he hasn't touched the engine since the first email essentially, he's emailed me to say he's just had chance to get it stripped to a bare block. Then he's going to see how much it needs to be bored to remove the damage and will let me know. So basically nothings happened.

He hasn't responded to my questions about the potentially damaged cylinder head either. I've replied asking again about the cylinder head damage and also asked if its worth boring a block on a 99.75 bore already?!
ScottyPPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2018, 09:54 AM   #613  
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
BrownPantsRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Herts & Bucks
Posts: 6,691
Default

Bloody hell.
BrownPantsRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2018, 09:58 AM   #614  
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
RAGGY DOO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Avoid bob Rawle
Posts: 2,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyPPP View Post
Just had an update from Andy, he hasn't touched the engine since the first email essentially, he's emailed me to say he's just had chance to get it stripped to a bare block. Then he's going to see how much it needs to be bored to remove the damage and will let me know. So basically nothings happened.

He hasn't responded to my questions about the potentially damaged cylinder head either. I've replied asking again about the cylinder head damage and also asked if its worth boring a block on a 99.75 bore already?!

All these engine builders and mappers are great when things go smoothly
When things go wrong a lot of them show true colors
He appears to be no different
RAGGY DOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2018, 02:26 PM   #615  
scoobypaul_temp
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: milk n beans
Posts: 543
Default

Wow, that is some service!

Fair play to you Scott, you have more patience than me
scoobypaul_temp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2018, 10:57 PM   #616  
ScottyPPP
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,400
Default

Had another reply now. He's on about boring it to 100 or 100.5mm, still hasn't answered the questions I had about the cylinder head. Not sure why he doesn't just measure the depth of the damage as surely that would tell him if it could be bored or not.
ScottyPPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2018, 09:46 AM   #617  
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
BrownPantsRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Herts & Bucks
Posts: 6,691
Default

Not sure how you'd be able to accurately measure the depth of a defect like that to be honest, you don't know where it ends. You have to keep cutting material away until you get to fresh metal under the defect. The only way I can see is to re-bore it until there is no damage.


Surely he must have had a chance by now to look at the other issues?


Madness.


So have you got any cars left on the road now Scott? Not been a good year for you mate.
BrownPantsRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2018, 11:21 AM   #618  
ScottyPPP
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing View Post
Not sure how you'd be able to accurately measure the depth of a defect like that to be honest, you don't know where it ends. You have to keep cutting material away until you get to fresh metal under the defect. The only way I can see is to re-bore it until there is no damage.


Surely he must have had a chance by now to look at the other issues?


Madness.


So have you got any cars left on the road now Scott? Not been a good year for you mate.
330ci is on ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123014611...84.m1555.l2649

Driving around in a Merc C220d at the moment

I've asked again (3rd time) about the cylinder head so see if I get a response. I'm not sure running 500bhp on a 100.5mm bore is that good an idea either
ScottyPPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2018, 12:08 PM   #619  
Fishbowlhead
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Canvey Island
Posts: 312
Default

When things go wrong, they go very wrong, like most things in life unfortunately. Have you paid for the initial work that was done?
Fishbowlhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2018, 05:13 PM   #620  
ScottyPPP
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,400
Default

Bought a new daily, at least that's one good thing lol.
ScottyPPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2018, 05:58 PM   #621  
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
BrownPantsRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Herts & Bucks
Posts: 6,691
Default

Try keep this one on the road for a while!


What did you get then?
BrownPantsRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2018, 05:59 PM   #622  
ScottyPPP
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,400
Default

2006 BMW E46 330cd M Sport Coupe

Will remap it to 280Bhp and 440 ft lbs
ScottyPPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2018, 06:13 PM   #623  
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
BrownPantsRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Herts & Bucks
Posts: 6,691
Default

Nice work. They are great value for money these days and once mapped go like a stabbed rat!
BrownPantsRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2018, 04:42 PM   #624  
ScottyPPP
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,400
Default

Another Subaru engine update.

Andy emailed me saying that boring the block to 100mm has totally removed the damage and that he can order some JE pistons for it to built it back up. Wants to charge me 915 for parts (pistons, head gaskets, rebore etc). To say I'm sceptical is an understatement to be honest as that would mean the damage was less than 0.125mm deep?? So about the width of a human hair 🙄. The film of oil that was left after running the pistons over it would suggest that's not the case.

I've replied asking about the cylinder head once again, also to say that I still don't accept the damage occurred whilst I had the engine and asked him what he's doing with my 1500 mile old 99.75 pistons as I'm sure he'll use them for another build!! He also hasn't stated what bearings are going back into it so I've asked about that also.

Have a feeling this could drag on a bit. The way he's been communicating all seems a bit shifty and weird to me.
ScottyPPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2018, 04:54 PM   #625  
ScottyPPP
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,400
Default




Couple of quick pics of the new daily ☺️
ScottyPPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2018, 05:29 PM   #626  
Fishbowlhead
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Canvey Island
Posts: 312
Default

I think your going to need to go down there in person, unexpectedly when he's there, and sort all this out. Get a pal to ring so you know he's in.
Fishbowlhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 April 2018, 07:00 PM   #627  
the shreksta
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (20)
 
the shreksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hinckley
Posts: 6,194
Default

anymore news on the engine buddy?
the shreksta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05 April 2018, 02:54 PM   #628  
ScottyPPP
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,400
Default

Block has been bored and honed (100mm), obviously needs new pistons, new head gaskets etc, he's said the bearings are perfect and don't need touching.

He won't accept liabitly for the damage caused, because the block has been bored now the damage is gone anyway. He's going to just charge me parts prices and give me a PX value of 250 for my old (99.75) pistons.

I still need to order up a load of gaskets and **** so that it can go back together and back in the car, then it'll need running in again and the map checking once its run in.
ScottyPPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 April 2018, 02:55 PM   #629  
the shreksta
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (20)
 
the shreksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hinckley
Posts: 6,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyPPP View Post
Block has been bored and honed (100mm), obviously needs new pistons, new head gaskets etc, he's said the bearings are perfect and don't need touching.

He won't accept liabitly for the damage caused, because the block has been bored now the damage is gone anyway. He's going to just charge me parts prices and give me a PX value of 250 for my old (99.75) pistons.

I still need to order up a load of gaskets and **** so that it can go back together and back in the car, then it'll need running in again and the map checking once its run in.
what about the heads?
the shreksta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05 April 2018, 03:07 PM   #630  
ScottyPPP
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,400
Default

He's said he'll give them a going over etc as I was 125psi one side and 140psi the other.
ScottyPPP is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can anyone confirm if newage WRX track rods/ends are the same in wagon and saloon? Ste333 Drivetrain 2 21 September 2015 09:42 AM
Fuel rails for a 2004 blob 2.5 scoobiesteve103 ScoobyNet General 10 21 September 2015 09:33 AM
Newage wagon owners - Winglet/V-Ltd splitter help Matt_182 Styling 3 18 September 2015 08:16 AM
rear sub frame wanted: 02 wrx wagon errminator Wanted 4 16 September 2015 01:20 PM
blob wrx, should i be concerned Manford Drivetrain 2 16 September 2015 09:41 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:11 PM.


© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.