Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

2000 UK Classic Tyres, Brakes, wheel bearing?

Search this Thread

Old 08 December 2008, 05:16 PM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 UK Classic Tyres, Brakes, wheel bearing?

Got a 2000/X UK Classic and it needs a wheel bearing on the back (giving out a bit of a rumble noise). What sort of price does it roughly cost to either supply, or fit and supply.

Also could do with changing front and rear disc+ pads, again what sort of costs involved.

Tyres aren't fantastic but legal but I've noticed the front outers and going on the edge. Might be worth looking in the classified for some that someones upgraded to as prefer the standards as the cars totally standard (as far as I'm aware), maybe a 4 wheel alignment as well.

Just looking for ball park figures or prices from someone who's recently had work done.

Thanks
Old 09 December 2008, 12:43 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wheelbearing on mine was £200 fitted, but that included some long bolts that had to come from Subaru that were expensive. The old ones couldn't be removed and had to be burnt off. Bearing itself not that dear, but a hell of a job, apparently.

Discs and pads: what do you want to pay? Try a local motor factor, they are often good quality for standard parts and cheap enough. Otherwise, if you want better, try Alyn at A S Performance, Or Ian at Godspeed.

Yese, I'd get it 4-wheel aligned, but I've always been a bit wary about buying second-hand tyres, if you shop around, a new set can be had for a reasonable price, try TOYO's.