Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

uk sti brakes

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2008, 01:58 PM
subeyman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uk sti brakes

my discs and pads need replacing on my uk sti and i just wanted a bit of advice in choosing the best discs and pads as there is so many to choose from.
R black diamond and EBC any good as they show up a lot on various websites?
cheers
Old 18 October 2008, 02:34 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by subeyman
my discs and pads need replacing on my uk sti and i just wanted a bit of advice in choosing the best discs and pads as there is so many to choose from.
R black diamond and EBC any good as they show up a lot on various websites?
cheers
i'm not sure on EBC discs, but the pads don't get very good press on here.

this is about the cheapest brembo disc i can find Brembo Sport Front Brake discs for Subaru - larkspeed.com although a slotted option is better if you do track days as drilled can crack between the holes if you really push them hard.

godspeed do a couple of options for brembo disc at very good prices aswell, well worth a look
Old 18 October 2008, 02:41 PM
Luther
Scooby Regular

I've just spent the last two weeks working out exactly the same as you. Standard Brembo Discs and pads needed replacing.

After talking to loads of people, I ended up with Godspeed's Two piece Discs and Performance Friction Pads.
Should all be fitted for next weeks tunnel run and I'll let you know how I get on....
Old 18 October 2008, 03:39 PM
wrx9181
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default pf

Hi mate if you can afford em for me its performance friction rotars and pads
They brill over the origanals with no fad and take loads of hammer just depends what your after improvement or just replacement
Hope this helps
Old 18 October 2008, 03:49 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

PF pads are great, not doubting their stopping ability, but i was under the impression that you really need to keep on top of cleaning your wheels to avoid the dust getting baked on?

taking a look at mocom/zaks car a while ago and the wheels were properly ingrained with dust (if i've got it wrong and he doesn't use PF then apologies!!)

for me this is not something i can be arsed with, std brakes are fine for me and my driving. guess it's all down to what you use the car for and how often you clean it, lol
Old 19 October 2008, 02:42 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

i've got the brembo drilled discs with ferodo ds2500, standard discs on the rear with ds2500. i find this set up very good and a lot better than oe discs and pads as you'd expect.

But i do think if i where to track that they would get too hot, if it were me and cost wasn't that much of a problem it would be PF discs with ds2500 for me.

HTH
Aaron

P.S that price on discs in the link from hoskib is pretty good, i paid £249 from scoobyworld.
Old 19 October 2008, 03:05 PM
finchyboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by azz250478
i've got the brembo drilled discs with ferodo ds2500, standard discs on the rear with ds2500. i find this set up very good and a lot better than oe discs and pads as you'd expect.

But i do think if i where to track that they would get too hot, if it were me and cost wasn't that much of a problem it would be PF discs with ds2500 for me.

HTH
Aaron

P.S that price on discs in the link from hoskib is pretty good, i paid £249 from scoobyworld.
Good advice the DS2500 is a brilliant fast road pad you won't go far wrong with them.

AVOID EBC PADS AT ALL COST'S !!!!
Old 19 October 2008, 10:49 PM
johnny.v
Scooby Regular

Just replaced the front disc's&pad's on my 02 sti,with godspeed disc's&ds2500.very happy with these much better performance than origanals,not had any brake dust prob's,but only done 250mile's on this set up.
Old 19 October 2008, 11:20 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

When the pads needed changing on my 03STI I put on EBC Redstuff pads.
I found them fine, as good if not marginally better than the oe ones previously fitted, but then I am not a 'braker'