ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   uk sti brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/719345-uk-sti-brakes.html)

subeyman 18 October 2008 01:58 PM

uk sti brakes

my discs and pads need replacing on my uk sti and i just wanted a bit of advice in choosing the best discs and pads as there is so many to choose from.
R black diamond and EBC any good as they show up a lot on various websites?
cheers :)

hoskib 18 October 2008 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by subeyman (Post 8206556)
my discs and pads need replacing on my uk sti and i just wanted a bit of advice in choosing the best discs and pads as there is so many to choose from.
R black diamond and EBC any good as they show up a lot on various websites?
cheers :)

i'm not sure on EBC discs, but the pads don't get very good press on here.

this is about the cheapest brembo disc i can find Brembo Sport Front Brake discs for Subaru - larkspeed.com although a slotted option is better if you do track days as drilled can crack between the holes if you really push them hard.

godspeed do a couple of options for brembo disc at very good prices aswell, well worth a look:)

Luther 18 October 2008 02:41 PM

I've just spent the last two weeks working out exactly the same as you. Standard Brembo Discs and pads needed replacing.

After talking to loads of people, I ended up with Godspeed's Two piece Discs and Performance Friction Pads.
Should all be fitted for next weeks tunnel run and I'll let you know how I get on.... :D

wrx9181 18 October 2008 03:39 PM

pf

Hi mate if you can afford em for me its performance friction rotars and pads:norty:
They brill over the origanals with no fad and take loads of hammer just depends what your after improvement or just replacement:)
Hope this helps

hoskib 18 October 2008 03:49 PM

PF pads are great, not doubting their stopping ability, but i was under the impression that you really need to keep on top of cleaning your wheels to avoid the dust getting baked on?

taking a look at mocom/zaks car a while ago and the wheels were properly ingrained with dust (if i've got it wrong and he doesn't use PF then apologies!!)

for me this is not something i can be arsed with, std brakes are fine for me and my driving. guess it's all down to what you use the car for:) and how often you clean it, lol

Aaron1978 19 October 2008 02:42 PM

i've got the brembo drilled discs with ferodo ds2500, standard discs on the rear with ds2500. i find this set up very good and a lot better than oe discs and pads as you'd expect.

But i do think if i where to track that they would get too hot, if it were me and cost wasn't that much of a problem it would be PF discs with ds2500 for me.

HTH
Aaron:thumb:

P.S that price on discs in the link from hoskib is pretty good, i paid £249 from scoobyworld.:)

finchyboy 19 October 2008 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by azz250478 (Post 8208362)
i've got the brembo drilled discs with ferodo ds2500, standard discs on the rear with ds2500. i find this set up very good and a lot better than oe discs and pads as you'd expect.

But i do think if i where to track that they would get too hot, if it were me and cost wasn't that much of a problem it would be PF discs with ds2500 for me.

HTH
Aaron:thumb:

P.S that price on discs in the link from hoskib is pretty good, i paid £249 from scoobyworld.:)

Good advice the DS2500 is a brilliant fast road pad you won't go far wrong with them.

AVOID EBC PADS AT ALL COST'S !!!!

johnny.v 19 October 2008 10:49 PM

Just replaced the front disc's&pad's on my 02 sti,with godspeed disc's&ds2500.very happy with these much better performance than origanals,not had any brake dust prob's,but only done 250mile's on this set up.:thumb:

bob r 19 October 2008 11:20 PM

When the pads needed changing on my 03STI I put on EBC Redstuff pads.
I found them fine, as good if not marginally better than the oe ones previously fitted, but then I am not a 'braker'