[B][/B]potenza re070 in the wet

Search this Thread

Old 03 October 2007, 11:33 PM
ScoobyLee2000
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [B][/B]potenza re070 in the wet

Hi,

Does anyone have these fitted to their Scooby?? How are they in the wet?

Cheers
Old 03 October 2007, 11:35 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

I've got em fella Not noticed any problems albeit that I do slow down a bit just in case as they do have a certain "reputation" ...

TX.
Old 04 October 2007, 01:34 AM
gar
Scooby Regular

They are extremely nice. Very good in the wet and can be loads of fun, but if you are after the most grip pick something else I think.
Old 04 October 2007, 12:52 PM
ShyTot
Scooby Regular

This is my favourite thing about the Goodyear F1 GSD3s, they barely change between wet and dry weather.
The RE040 tyres which came with the car used to frighten me in the cold and wet they were completely different.
I imagine the RE070's are quite different too, not necessarily the best for the UK weather....
Old 04 October 2007, 01:23 PM
rpw
Scooby Regular

my car is in the garage right now having the RE070's replaced for the gds3's as i think they are rubbish and having bought the car the week between christmas and new year last year there is noway i am spending another winter with them, dont get me wrong if you get a warm day they have great grip but at the same time they like to tramline and take you where they want to go
Old 05 October 2007, 08:54 AM
rpw
Scooby Regular

had the f1's fitted yesterday and its a different car theres no tramlining, i can go over bumps in the road now without my back being broke and the change in the level of grip is great in fact its a whole new driving experience and this is just from changing the tyres it just makes me think why do subaru put them on as standard because my personal opinion is that they wreck the car
Old 05 October 2007, 09:59 AM
IainCam
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rpw
my car is in the garage right now having the RE070's replaced for the gds3's as i think they are rubbish and having bought the car the week between christmas and new year last year there is noway i am spending another winter with them, dont get me wrong if you get a warm day they have great grip but at the same time they like to tramline and take you where they want to go
I bought mine in November and had the RE070's on... had to really tip toe round when it was greasy or snow/ice on the roads... but in the dry or even in the wet I think they are fine... stunning in the dry.

I love the tyres personally but it seems that they do have a "marmite" reputation IYKWIM, you either love them or hate them.

I'm looking for a decent set of winter style tyres for this year though so I don't have to drive so much slower than everyone else
Old 05 October 2007, 11:22 AM
rpw
Scooby Regular

i thought i liked them at first as they have hard side walls and feel sturdy and and like u said they do feel good in the dry but as i live in manchester and its rarely dry and the roads are terrible they just make the driving experience rubbish but after havin the f1's put on its a joy to drive they grip like mad and i got to work this morning with some teeth left!
Old 05 October 2007, 12:48 PM
IainCam
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rpw
i thought i liked them at first as they have hard side walls and feel sturdy and and like u said they do feel good in the dry but as i live in manchester and its rarely dry and the roads are terrible they just make the driving experience rubbish but after havin the f1's put on its a joy to drive they grip like mad and i got to work this morning with some teeth left!
I like them quite a bit, so much so that the fronts are completely done in less than a year

Always been a fan of Bridgestones though, loved the S02's I had on the last scoob and the Audi S6 I had.