Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Anywhere doing good deals on disc / pad packages ?

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2006, 07:15 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anywhere doing good deals on disc / pad packages ?

Need to replace front and rear pads and discs on my 1998 UK Impreza - have grooved and drilled discs with EBC red stuff pads on at the moment and am happy with those.

Anyone know of anywhere doing deals on discs and pads or the best place to buy ? Did have a look at EBC direct and it comes to around £430 before the discount - anywhere else worth looking ?

Ta
Old 03 February 2006, 09:01 AM
Rich_B
Scooby Regular

I got some EBC discs/pads from the Graham Goode Racing ebay shop (ggperformancedeals) for a very good price - could be worth a look.
Old 03 February 2006, 09:09 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Thanks Rich, did see the offer they had on there which looked pretty good - emailed them last night for a price for everything but waiting to hear back.
Old 03 February 2006, 09:44 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here you go:-

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.p...10b0s1170p1136

Or here:-

http://www.speedways.co.uk/shop/index.html

Pete

Last edited by pslewis; 03 February 2006 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03 February 2006, 10:20 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Thanks Pete, will have a look at those.

For a laugh I asked the garage doing the MOT to quote me a price for the EBC stuff - they wanted £700 for them !!!
Old 03 February 2006, 12:07 PM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

just up the road from you is www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk
Old 03 February 2006, 12:53 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Thanks all, eventually found someone who had them in stock and wasnt too expensive - www.needforspeed.co.uk in Scotland. Ordered the EBC Turbo discs and green stuff pads - came to £386 all in inc next day delivery, which is pretty good compared to most of the others sites I looked at ( some were a little bit cheaper, but didnt have them on the shelf which isnt much use when you want them in a hurry ! ).

Tried Graham Goode - no reply to emails, phone just rang and rang, phoned back and it kept going to answerphone !

Tried camskill - didnt have them in stock, and would take a few days to get them in - their prices are good, but the discs werent the EBC ones, so would expect them to be cheaper anyway.

Trending Topics

Old 03 February 2006, 01:59 PM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

EBC dont recommend the greenstuff pads for the Impreza's , they say at least the Redstuff ceramics
Old 03 February 2006, 03:15 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Camsport have always been cheaper for EBC stuff - http://www.camsport.co.uk/
Old 03 February 2006, 03:50 PM
Buckrogers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff
Thanks all, eventually found someone who had them in stock and wasnt too expensive - www.needforspeed.co.uk in Scotland. Ordered the EBC Turbo discs and green stuff pads - came to £386 all in inc next day delivery, which is pretty good compared to most of the others sites I looked at ( some were a little bit cheaper, but didnt have them on the shelf which isnt much use when you want them in a hurry ! ).

Tried Graham Goode - no reply to emails, phone just rang and rang, phoned back and it kept going to answerphone !

Tried camskill - didnt have them in stock, and would take a few days to get them in - their prices are good, but the discs werent the EBC ones, so would expect them to be cheaper anyway.
Should be Redstuff Ceramic's, greens are not recommended.
Are your front discs 294mm (4 pot Subaru calipers) and vented rear discs?

Buck
Old 03 February 2006, 03:52 PM
Buckrogers
Scooby Regular

Did have a look at EBC direct and it comes to around £430 before the discount
£430 less 15% = £365.50??!!

Buck
Old 03 February 2006, 05:20 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

My discs are the 277mm with two pot calipers, non vented grooved rears. Car is an early 1998 UK Turbo.

If EBC dont reccomend green stuff for the Impreza, then why when I look on EBCbrakesdirect.com and search under my car does it have them listed as a choice ? ( as the 'standard' pads ) In fact looking at the site, you have Green Stuff as an option for all Imprezas up to 2002.

And nowhere on the page does it say that you dont reccomend these to be used on an Impreza, even though they are specifically being offered for sale for the turbo models ?

Bit confused here as everywhere seems to offer the Green Stuff for the Impreza, and nobody else seems to know that the manufacturers dont think drivers should be using them ??? In fact, why are EBC still supplying dealers with a pad they dont think should be used on a certain model ?

Have got Red Stuff on there at the moment, and they are good, but are probably more than I need - looking at ebc.com they say Red Stuff are for "for Highly Tuned Cars/Faster Street Driving" and Green Stuff for "Fast/Heavy Street Use"

Slightly concerned if Green Stuff arent going to be suitable for my car as it means I'll have to try and get them swapped over now.

p.s.

For the prices ( I actually underestimated on the prices before ) they worked out approx the same as nfs were doing 15% of all EBC products.

Last edited by MikeCardiff; 03 February 2006 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03 February 2006, 06:57 PM
Buckrogers
Scooby Regular

Under Turbo models the site states:
Notes: EBC Technical recommends using Redstuff compound for this model of car.

However, when we do receive an order for Greenstuff we contact the customer to advise of the recommendation. Some customers still insist on having Greenstuff, but at least we have advised them. None of those customers have come back to us complaining about braking performance.

NFS should swap them if you are concerned. (If you purchased them from us, we would!)

Regards

Buck
Old 03 February 2006, 07:07 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

NFS will swap them over no problem, and the price difference isnt much so will probably get them to do that - would just have been handier if I'd known before they sent the order out as it's just extra faffing around getting them swapped over ( will have to buy the Red Stuff, get them sent out, then send back the Green Stuff and get a refund on them as I need them for next Tuesday ).

Its a shame EBC dont make it more widely known though, especially to people selling the pads - had the guy told me when I ordered that the Green Stuff arent reccomended I'd have ordered the Red Stuff in the first place.

Oh well, will know for next time !
Old 04 February 2006, 09:09 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

I think they were one of the ones I phoned and they didnt have some of the parts in stock.

Because I needed them quickly I had to check that the shop had all the bits I needed ready to go, didnt want to mess around placing an order then wondering why only half of it had arrived, or them holding the order until they got the other bits in.
Old 11 February 2006, 10:28 PM
TARManiAC
Scooby Regular

green stuff pads work fine for me in the winter. Warm up quickly, But they are not for racing/track days.
Old 19 February 2006, 04:12 PM
bbdotcom
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

Need to replace front and rear pads and discs on my 1998 UK Impreza - have grooved and drilled discs with EBC red stuff pads on at the moment and am happy with those.

Anyone know of anywhere doing deals on discs and pads or the best place to buy ? Did have a look at EBC direct and it comes to around £430 before the discount - anywhere else worth looking ?

Ta
hi i have just bought a fantastic brake kit from compbrake 330mm x32mm powervane racing rotors and there prorace one circuit series calipers Allfitted great fine engineering we have just done the nureburg ring and they are excellent deemon tweeks sells them for £1100 but if you call them direct you can get them for £650 have a look on there website www.compbrake.co.uk cheers BB