Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Big Disc conversion on standard 4 pot calipers?

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2005, 11:28 PM
garethbrunt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Disc conversion on standard 4 pot calipers?

Does anyone make a big disc conversion that utilises the standard 4 pot front calipers?

If so has anyone got first hand track experience of this kit and how it copes?

Finally is there anything that I can do to improve the rears?

The car is a V3 STi RA

Thanks in advance.
Old 15 October 2005, 11:54 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by garethbrunt
Does anyone make a big disc conversion that utilises the standard 4 pot front calipers?

If so has anyone got first hand track experience of this kit and how it copes?

Finally is there anything that I can do to improve the rears?

The car is a V3 STi RA

Thanks in advance.
Godspeed motorsport do. Brackets and spacer for the caliper, so you can fit thicker discs
Old 16 October 2005, 12:35 AM
richiewong
Twatful

Originally Posted by andy97
Godspeed motorsport do. Brackets and spacer for the caliper, so you can fit thicker discs
http://www.godspeedbrakes.fsnet.co.uk/Subaru/subaru.htm
Old 16 October 2005, 10:41 AM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=459652

Be quick, group buy ends today.... get your name on the list!!!
Old 17 October 2005, 05:57 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Shame that Ian is quick to take your money and slow to replace missing parts in his kits, and never answer his phone !

Nate.
Old 17 October 2005, 07:54 PM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

Nate - Youve never bought a kit off Ian , and he has never supplied you a kit , you bought a kit so I believe from someone else, they are the ones who lost the parts , its nothing to do with him....

Even Ian's answer machine tells you to email him , if he does answer the phone all the time he's kept speaking for ages and gets no work done , then you get people moaning that there kits are late , and he's tried employing someone to answer the phone but as they dont know brakes like Ian does , so Ian has to answer questions , so again the work suffers , so as he says the quickest way and easiest way for him to be in contact is by email , you will get an answer fairly quickly then .
If your after parts off him why dont you put as much effort as you are bitching about him into emailing him
Old 17 October 2005, 08:52 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Awd,

I have seen you before defending Ian. he has my Email address, my landline phone number and my mobile number, as I did leave all of them on a message AND Email , with all those possibilities to contact me, can you really answer why he can't contact me by one of those methods, I have given up trying to contact him now, because if you call/Email him and then wait till the end of the Earth for a reply (if I ran my business in this way, I would not still be trading as it does ruin your name).

The only time you get a response from Ian, is when you slate his products, then he contacts you like a shot.

I understand you may be a very close friend of Ians and you may be protective of him (so would I be), but this has really p'd me off. I won't go into specific problems I have found with the 355 product, but suffice to say, they were fitted for 100 yards of driving and I've taken them off.

I am not on here to bitch, just to put my two penneth worth on here, as it is a 'public forum'.

If Ian can explain to me where I may have one wrong with fitting them, then he has all the methods to contact me, as it is possible that I have made a mistake, but I can't see where ?

Thanks for the response anyway, at least I know the message will now definately get to Ian.

Nate.
Old 17 October 2005, 08:54 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Awd,

Just to add, I offered to pay for parts that were lost by whoever, but was told 'I don't have the specs for that kit anymore', but he is still selling them .

Nate.
Old 18 October 2005, 07:16 AM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

Nate

Ian said the last time he spoke to you he told you to fit in some washers between the brackets and uprights so the spacing is right , and measure them and he would make some , he said you never did this , so I guess he cant go any further on it , he said if you think your kit is not fitting , send him one caliper disc and bracket and he will build it onto a strut to see what the problem is and put right any wrong.

Yes he said he probably does have emails off you ages ago with contact details , but as he gets hundreds of emails per week he couldnt sit down and go through thousands of them to find yours right now , he doesnt even know your name as you didnt buy the kit off him , so contact him direct
Old 18 October 2005, 09:13 AM
Nate
Scooby Regular

This is all I wanted all this time, some solid contact. Many thanks.

Nate.
Old 18 October 2005, 09:27 AM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

well email him then , he answers loads of emails a day , he's not going to ignore you...
Old 18 October 2005, 04:32 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs up

Every time I e-mail Ian, I get a response within 24 hours.

Alcazar
Old 18 October 2005, 05:42 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

Nate - Must admit mate, the guy's a nightmare.

Iv'e emailed, rang and left a message, no replies so took my money else where!

His loss not mine.

Rob
Old 18 October 2005, 07:50 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobfan

His loss not mine.

Not quite, i'll bet you paid a lot more than you would have through Ian, therefore you have lost out..... i on the other hand, have always been happy with Ian's service, lets be honest, the only reason the prices are what they are is because he does everything himself, if he paid someone who knows nothing to answer the phone, then we'd be indirectly paying that persons wages, and we'd get no info when we contact the company....... i personally think that there are far too many people prepared to slag someone off on here, i wonder how those same people would cope in the same situation.....???
Old 18 October 2005, 08:02 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

Edited to remove Mis-quote!!!

Psst

Rob

Last edited by Dyney; 18 October 2005 at 10:56 PM.
Old 18 October 2005, 08:11 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

I give up, lets face it, we all have out opinions, but why some people see fit to try to influence others buying decisions is beyond me, after-all, if you've not tried Ians products, (which I have) who are you to comment on, well, anything to do with him really..... if only those with the power on Snet hadn't banned him from the place, we'd have his word direct, instead of through a third party, which is better than nothing at-all.....

Oh, and changing the words in what someone else has posted, and then quoting it is not big, and it's not clever.....OK!!
Old 18 October 2005, 08:21 PM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

Scoobfan , you say its his loss , but your the one it seems is bitter about it , Ian cant possibly supply everyone , so I doubt he'll lose any sleep by not supplying you , so give it a rest .....and be happy with the choice you made
Old 18 October 2005, 10:54 PM
Dyney
Scooby Regular

Guys,
Please let it drop now. Gareth asked a simple question. Taking tyhe thread off topic does help him. If the bickering continues we will be forced to lock this thread!!

Nate,
If you have a problem please take it up with who ever you bought the kit from or seek Ian's help. Do not Spam any thread relating to Godspeed with your remarks.
After your posts on here in the last few days, if I was Ian I'd tell you where to go

Gareth,
AFAIK Godspeed are the only company doing big disc kits for the std 4 pots.
For the rears you could try better disc and pads or fit the later 2 pot calipers with 290mm disc. (these are not a direct bolt on but brackets are available to allow fitment)
Old 18 October 2005, 11:02 PM
LegacySTi
Scooby Regular

You can get the hubs and rear calipers off a 01-04 WRX bug eye etc and they go straight on. Get uprated discs and pads to go with tis should help.
Old 20 October 2005, 06:58 PM
TyPe~~R
Scooby Regular

I sent Ian 3 emails today, all 3 replied to within 30 mins, anyway the biggest disc for a standard subaru 4 pots is a 335mm. Otherwise you need a new caliper. I was hoping to put 355mm on my 4 pots but after a chat with Ian from Godspeed he told me the above