Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Will STI V4 F&R Calipers Fit A UK MY96?

Search this Thread

Old 02 October 2005, 08:28 PM
zynexiatech
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will STI V4 F&R Calipers Fit A UK MY96?

As the title says just wondering if the STI V4 front and rear calipers are a direct fit onto MY96 Turbo 2000 impreza? and if so what should I expect to pay for the lot also would I need different disks and pads if so what ones?

Cheers
Old 02 October 2005, 08:53 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ON the front they will fit, but you also need the bigger 294mm discs, and pads too..... Not sure about the rears, but most people only change the fronts, most of the braking is done at the front anyway, just a pad change on the rear is normally adequate....

Oh, and make sure your wheels fit over the 4 pots before you get it done and then find out they won't fit!!!
Old 02 October 2005, 09:04 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

is it a 4sr STi or a TYPE-R?? as Ron said the fronts fit straight on complete, however the rears are a different story.............

if its a 4dr then they are basically the same as yours only a vented disc instead of solid..............

if its a 2dr then that car has a R180 rear diff, oversize shafts and hubs and is a pain to fit the brakes from this to a std car...............

alyn
Old 03 October 2005, 06:26 AM
zynexiatech
Scooby Regular

I think the are actually off a 98 Type R Impreza if that helps? So even with this the front would fit on ok? I have 17" Speedlines gold ones that are exactly the same as the catalunya ones I think have a look?

Last edited by zynexiatech; 03 October 2005 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Adding Detail
Old 03 October 2005, 07:23 AM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

The Subaru 4 pots dont fit behind those Speedline wheels , about the only kit that does is the Godspeed 308mm kit , I did see someone on here with the 325mm ones but it was a bit of work to fit them , they just dont have the right spoke clearance
Old 03 October 2005, 10:33 AM
zynexiatech
Scooby Regular

looks like i'll be buying a godspeed 308mm 4 POT Kit then, so that will definalty fit behind these speedlines as its in the groupbuy at £525 which I think is very resonable
Old 03 October 2005, 09:28 PM
Dyney
Scooby Regular

It's a pity as those are such a nice wheel design

But the 2 pot rears from the Type R can be fitted. You just need a set of the brackets I had made and a disc from the New age WRX's
Old 03 October 2005, 10:47 PM
zynexiatech
Scooby Regular

Well I have just bought a set of used 4 Pot brembo calipers, brackets 308mm disks and pads from scubbydubby555 on here under the authority that they will fit, so fingers crossed, Ian from godspeed said his 4 Pot brembo kit fits these wheels so hope its the same. 1st pics the one from godspeed the others of the brembos I bought.

Ian Godspeed Pic He Sent

Brembo's I Bought

cant wait for delivery and to get them fitted.
Old 04 October 2005, 12:10 AM
RON
Scooby Regular

What you've actually bought there, is an early set of (the old) Scoobysport Brembo brakes, i wouldn't like to gaurentee that they will fit, and when the time comes to source new discs you're gonna be in a right old state, cos they ain't available!!!
But, Ian Godney (Godspeed) may be able to assist in that area.... however, i have to say that the group buy price is very reasonable considering you're getting new discs and pads from the off, not second hand ones that you basically know nothing about......
You will also find that the bells are 12mm thick,whereas the bells on the original disc are 6mm.... therefore you effectively lose 6mm of thread on yer wheel nuts.....
Hopefully they'll fit though eh.... now that you're bought em...
Old 04 October 2005, 06:19 AM
zynexiatech
Scooby Regular

Getting me worried now I really hope they do fit and then as you say I can source disks/pads from Ian at godspeed i'll have to get in touch with him and see what he says. I am sure there are people out there with them still that must be getting disks etc from somewhere they wouldnt just all disappear into thin air, maybe ill put a post up?

I didnt have the funds to go for the groupbuy and I am on a v.limited budget which is the main reason I went for these.
Old 04 October 2005, 07:51 AM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

You can get replacement discs and pads from Godspeed , but I think you will find that scoobysport kit will not fit your wheels , The godspeed discs have a deeper bell on the discs which takes the discs and calipers in as far as they can go to give as much room possible for the calpers to spokes , the kit you have doesnt have the offset of the Godspeed ones
Old 04 October 2005, 08:23 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

that looks like the original kit which used a Brembo disc, as said above they are no longer available...................the later kits converted to a 304mm AP disc set-up which is still available - supplied a set of these this week!!

alyn