Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Redstuff and Godspeed, any good??

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2005, 05:45 PM
bgood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Redstuff and Godspeed, any good??

Need to get some new front discs for my 94 WRX and was just wondering if anybody has tried the Redstuff ceramic pads with Godspeed discs?
Old 09 January 2005, 11:03 AM
DubaiNeil
Scooby Regular

I'm running EBC ceramic Red Stuff on the Godspeed 335mm disks (vented + grooved) on a MY02. I've had them on for about 1000km's now.

To be honest, I'm not blown away by them, the intial bite seems very poor (I had Mintex M1144 on standard disks before) and there seems to be a lot of 'grinding' noise when braking enthusiatically from speed (i.e. 180km/h down to 40 km/h)

I'm especially disappointed as I had the fluid swapped to DOT 5 and braided hoses (Goodrich) at the same time.

The marks on the disk do appear to be even either!

I'll try and kill the pads and swap to Mintex again, which had the same grinding noise, but at least had intial bite.

I haven't tried them on the track yet, so maybe they rock a fat one there!
Old 09 January 2005, 12:43 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure you'll find that the noise is due to the grovves on the disc, and has no bearing on the pad, I was a little unnerved by the noises to start with, but they're normal!
Old 09 January 2005, 12:53 PM
bgood
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DubaiNeil
I'm running EBC ceramic Red Stuff on the Godspeed 335mm disks (vented + grooved) on a MY02. I've had them on for about 1000km's now.

To be honest, I'm not blown away by them, the intial bite seems very poor (I had Mintex M1144 on standard disks before) and there seems to be a lot of 'grinding' noise when braking enthusiatically from speed (i.e. 180km/h down to 40 km/h)

I'm especially disappointed as I had the fluid swapped to DOT 5 and braided hoses (Goodrich) at the same time.

The marks on the disk do appear to be even either!

I'll try and kill the pads and swap to Mintex again, which had the same grinding noise, but at least had intial bite.

I haven't tried them on the track yet, so maybe they rock a fat one there!
Thanks for that mate, lack of initial bite doesn't sound too good being as that's the main thing I wanted to improve

Anyone else experienced the same?
Old 09 January 2005, 07:09 PM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

The only problem I have with Redstuffs is they need some initial brakings until they work but when they are at working temp they perform very well.
If you mean initial bite when cold that's what I describe above and is a problem with all performance pads, I am on Wilwoods BBK though not Godspeed discs!
JIM