Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Noisy Brembo-Kit!!

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2001, 10:45 AM
swiss scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

After 500 miles of beding in my SS-Brembo/AP kit, it is still making alot of noise while driving. It almost sounds like a locomotive braking at a trainstation!! This sound is getting worse while cornering and stays then also on straight roads!!
I ordered the washers/spacer which go between the chassis and the bracket since they were not included in the brake-kit which SS supplied me with. My thoughts are now that my local garage might have done bad measuring when they put their OWN washers in the system to align/center the AP-discs between the calipers!?!

Any other thoughts of what can cause the annoying noise?
Shall I just keep on driving and wait until the noise disapears and change to the correct washers as soon as they arrive?

Besides that, I am PERFECTLY HAPPY with the braking power, pedal feel and the fading that so far hasn^t occured at all!!
Thanks for any advice!
Swiss Scooby
Old 14 August 2001, 09:31 PM
swiss scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

CALL ME A BIG DOUGHNUT!!!! OR BETTER MY GARAGE!!!!

I am pretty embarrassed but feel free to read...(doh!)

I finally realised that the Garage forgot to take away the dirtshield next to the disc!! After I took this shield away...what a surprise... the annoying locomotive-noise has disappeared!! I could actually see the pretty deep scratch on the disc that the shield has caused!!! Thank god only on the very inner part of the inside disc-area!! Anyway, bring me a big coat!!!
After all this, I must be one of the luckiest person around! These brakes really do transform the car!!! Thanks again Scooby Sport!! First it was the LEDA B suspension, then the exhaust system and now the Brembo/AP brake kit. What's next?? I suppose saving some money would be a good thing...(had enough spaghetti dinners lately!)
Cheers
Swiss Scooby (are you surprised?? ... LOL)
Old 14 August 2001, 09:34 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hiya
I did a similar thing when I fitted mine, mind you all I did was bend the sheild and left it on the car, I live in a rural area and there's a lot of sh*t on the roads sometimes!