Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Help needed

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2000, 01:50 AM
spr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Can someone give me some details on GGR.
Do they sell good stuff, like exhaust systems and the air filter?
Is their exhaust noisy?

I want to get an exhaust system and air filter for MY00 but I really don´t know what to buy so your help would be appreciated.
What would you recomend?
I think the Blitz air filter is a bit too noisy for day to day driving so I´m looking for something a little less noisy. Also with the exhaust system, I want a nice sound but not too raw.

Does anyone know if you loose your warranty on your car if you fit it with a dump valve? What company has the best dump valve?
Old 21 April 2000, 05:15 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

If you have time go to one of the meets. You will find 99% of impreza's have the Scoobysport backbox. This says it all.
Old 21 April 2000, 06:06 PM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

GGR kit is top notch. Have a reputation for being expensive, but everything I have ever priced up has been cheaper, or had nothing in it. Add in the best customer service (delivery times/stock/impartial and knowledgeable advice etc) of any Subaru supplier I have come across.

That being said, for backboxes Scoobysport have a monopoly. For good value exhaust systems as a whole, Scorpion are probably the best, or at least one of. It is worth contacting a local motorsport preparer though. A local Group N impreza preparer to me, will supply a stainless, straight through Group N spec system (turbo back) for £495! SS backbox alone will cost over 60% of that.
Old 21 April 2000, 10:02 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

I've got a full Scorpion system and a K&N induction kit, and I'm as happy as Larry!!!!
As Bob says, going to a meet to hear/see the various options is a good idea.
A few of us are going to Donno on May 5th if you're around.

Stef.
Old 22 April 2000, 12:11 PM
spr
Scooby Regular

Cool

I would love to come but there is a little problem , MY00 Scooby is an ultimate vehicle but it can unfortunately not fly or float on water and there is a quite a lot of sea between Iceland and the U.K.
That is why I´m trying to get as much info as I can because I only visit the U.K. once or twice a year and then I try to buy all the stuff I need, but I always find something that I forgot to buy when I´m back in Iceland.