Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Hi-Spec Disc's.....

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2004, 11:31 PM
bartmanuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hi-Spec Disc's.....

i was just wondering if anybody knows how thick the Hi-Spec 310mm vented front disc's are when new,and what the minimum thickness of them is when worn?

also,i need to know who else does a 310mm front disc,i can replace the Hi-Spec ones for,as i dont think i will be putting them on again,after all the bad reports ive been hearing about them on here...

cheers BM
Old 14 April 2004, 05:17 PM
bartmanuk
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

BTTT for some help...

BM
Old 15 April 2004, 02:42 PM
bartmanuk
Scooby Regular

surely someone on here can help me with this...

BM
Old 15 April 2004, 03:26 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you asked Ian @ Godspeed to see if he can make you some discs. He'll either need to know the spec of the existing Hi-Spec alloy hubs or need to get discs/hubs made to work with the Hi-Spec calipers.

Stefan
Old 15 April 2004, 04:51 PM
bartmanuk
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ozzy
Have you asked Ian @ Godspeed to see if he can make you some discs. He'll either need to know the spec of the existing Hi-Spec alloy hubs or need to get discs/hubs made to work with the Hi-Spec calipers.

Stefan
are you sure about that ozzy?i didnt think it mattered wot calipers i had on,and dont the disc come with the bell already attached,so you just take off the whole thing in one piece,ive been looking at the AP disc's on http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/fra...eza-brakes.htm and they do a 310mm vented disc which is the same size as mine and they are 28mm thick,which is what im sure mine were when new.

this is what i have on at the moment
Old 15 April 2004, 05:11 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not experienced enough to say for sure, was merely looking at it logically. The caliper will be a certain distance from the centre of the wheel hub in two planes. One being out to the left in your picture and the other being towards you (again looking at the photo).

The caliper is pushed out with it's bracket and would determine the first measurement and the thickness of the alloy bell (together with the caliper) would determine how this sits out from the wheel hub.

There's also the issue of the existing holes in your alloy bell matching up with the mounting holes in the non-Hi-Spec discs (e.g AP discs). Certainly the thickness and the diameter of the disc should mean that it's a direct replacement, but how it mounts in the existing Hi-Spec hub would determine it's compatibility.

Just my own thoughts own it, but Ian has the hands-on and years of experience to say for sure.

Stefan