Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

what tyres for WRX03

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2004, 10:41 AM
sapkan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question what tyres for WRX03

need to make a choice for summer tyres for my impreza. In my country can get hold of dunlop sp9000 and toyos for roughly £110 per tyre or GSD3s for 150 a piece.

Is the extra stretch for the goodyears worth it? does anyone have experience with any of these

thanx in advance
Old 10 February 2004, 10:49 AM
JohnMcC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Firstly, no experience of the tyres in question myself - Ive got the standard fit Pirelli P Zero Rossos that came on my 18 OZ that I'm looking to replace soon ish though so have been having a look at some peoples thoughts.

There are actually loads of topics on this but as search is down at the moment they are quite hard to find - may be worth going through a few pages as I'm sure you will find quite a few comments and threads on tyres.

From what I had seen I had thought the GSD3s where the daddies - but delving deeper through the pages the other night I found a lot of people complaining about the sidewalls......

I have had the Dunlops before but wasnt overly impressed - and that wasnt even a remotely perfromance oriented car. They werent bad just that I wasnt that keen.

What I have learnt from reading the posts and my own experience is that its very much down to your own tastes and needs. Look through a few pages and try and pick up on the characteristics of each tyre and try and see what is best for you?

I plan on fitting the toyos or the GSD3s to mine shortly - verging on the Goodyears at the moment.

John

Last edited by JohnMcC; 10 February 2004 at 10:51 AM.