Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Type R two pot rear - replacing sliding caliper you need to do.... or...... ?

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2003, 01:13 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Been thinking about doing this for some time. I can get the calipers (which aren't that expensive) but need to know how to actually get them on the car (ps done a search but not uncovered much).

I know that you can get them on by replacing the disc (290mm) the hubs and drive shafts. I believe the diff is ok but don't really know for sure. Not the cheapest way (ala the old scoobysport RA).

Or can i have a custom mounting bracket made so it will fit my vented 266mm(?) rear discs? Is this actually able to fit in the given space.... i beleive the two pot mounting arrangement is 'slimmer' than the sliding caliper (i.e the bolt spacing).

I know this mod has been done a couple of times before.... but how has it been done. Anybody know?

Cheers,

Tony.

Before anybody says.... i know the rear brakes don't do much and why would i want to spend all that money and effort for not much gain.... etc. The one reason is im a tart and want the rear calipers to match then front (i know im a fool )