Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Y Reg Burgundy Prodrive in Stoke-on-Trent.

Search this Thread

Old 26 January 2007, 01:45 PM
dan83590
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Y Reg Burgundy Prodrive in Stoke-on-Trent.

Tailed me shortly then buzzed past me in Hanley. Did'nt think I'd keep up in my crappy old WRX did you!!

HA!

Weap those tears..
Old 27 January 2007, 10:32 AM
dan83590
Scooby Regular

Come on Stokies..!!

Any replies?
Old 30 January 2007, 03:01 PM
Dave M UK
Scooby Regular

That was me mate, i live in hanley, i thought your WRX sounded mean with that exhaust, i thought you would of taken the bait and had a play, Ha Ha,

The problem round Stoke is that anything slower than a scooby wont even try and anything faster there is a shortage of, i have only had a play with a couple of evos in nearly 2 years of scooby ownership, its hard to find anyone willing nowadays, think i might get me old 106 rallye back, used to have loads of fun in that

Dave M UK
Old 01 February 2007, 08:16 PM
dan83590
Scooby Regular

Tidy motor you got there sir!

Got a good telling off from the missus shortly after that short blast. You are right about play things in Stoke. You were only the forth Scoob i've seen in a year. So yeah, I swallowed that bait big time..

Until next time....
Old 01 February 2007, 08:31 PM
dan83590
Scooby Regular

So come Stokies, who are the rest of you?

Stoke is rather unrepresented on here and the A500 is just purrrrfect for a blip..

Last edited by dan83590; 01 February 2007 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01 February 2007, 10:37 PM
Dave M UK
Scooby Regular

Ha Ha, yeh mate, i will keep a look out for you,

make sure the missus aint with you though, i think i can remember her not looking very impressed,

Thanks about my motor being tidy, i try my best, just got to sort one or two dings in the bodywork this summer and it will be immaculate, i went all the way to scotland to get it cos i was looking for ages for the right one with the right miles and at the right price and what i got was a cracking example, shame a piston melted this time last year though and i had to pay out over £3000 to API for a rebuild, thats with only 29000 on the clock,

If you ask me any engine that runs the risk of destroying itself is a pretty **** engine, regardless of all the hype they get for being realible and all that, i mean how can subaru get away with supplying a part (i.e the MAF sensor) which has a limited lifespan and will take your engine with it when it fails, thats just criminal in my eyes and subaru should of redesigned it not to fail or even have a recall of all cars affected, thats my feelings anyway

suppose i will see ya round then, my number plate ends in BSC just so you know who i am, what does yours end in?

Dave M UK
Old 01 February 2007, 11:29 PM
dan83590
Scooby Regular

Look for DHN. You will probably see it from the back next time LOL. Will be posting some recent piccys just as soon as I get around to it. https://www.scoobynet.com/scooby.php?profileid=134 Its much the same, the front end has changed a bit, thats all.

As for the missus, poor little ducky was holding on for dear life! I nearly lost it just after we turned right at Cobridge, theres a little hump on the brow of the hill just before the speed camara, I lost all grip at the front wheels!

I am just hoping now that my engine stays in shape, recently fixed a boosting problem that I inherited from the last owner (he was clueless) so I am hoping that the car hasn't been caned too much in its past life, fingers crossed.

Got chipset sorted from Andy @ ESL so this would explain the close match the other day, but with that in mind and the age of the car I do like to nurse her around a bit. Its still okay for a brief blast though int it?

Hopefully we'll see some more replies shortly, see who else can keep up.

I can usally be found wading through the Gen Tech Forum (knowledge is power). I noticed you pulling into the Shell garage, what do you reakon to the V Max, been running mine on Tesco 99?
Old 03 February 2007, 07:56 PM
Dave M UK
Scooby Regular

i like the V-power, never had any problems, i have heard the tesco stuff is good also but i stick to the big brand stuff