Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

isle of wight

Search this Thread

Old 02 June 2006, 06:07 PM
shaun.b
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool isle of wight

saw a few parked near one yesterday blue wrx bristol number plate @ the needles iow and a dark blue wagon with the rally decals etc nice motors both
Old 03 June 2006, 12:06 PM
clare792000
Scooby Regular

Smile

I posted on your other IOW thread but i dont hink you saw?
I came over to the IOW at EAster and was impressed by the amount of scoobys over there, and also the friendliness, everyone waved or flashed their lights! Even got warned about a mobile sped camera round the corner! You dont get that where I live!
Old 04 June 2006, 07:04 PM
shaun.b
Scooby Regular

Cool

saw a few just couldnt find a garge with superunleaded asked a few loclas who could only tell me that there is only one place on the island sold it but they could not agree which one but found shell garage in southampton on way home but it was close nice place the iow
Old 05 June 2006, 08:42 PM
clare792000
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by shaun.b
saw a few just couldnt find a garge with superunleaded asked a few loclas who could only tell me that there is only one place on the island sold it but they could not agree which one but found shell garage in southampton on way home but it was close nice place the iow
HAHA We had the same problem! We were apologising to the card for putting crappy fuel in! LOL!
Old 06 June 2006, 12:18 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

That would be the Texaco garage in Wooton then for future reference.

I used to live there and visit every summer just about
Old 06 June 2006, 06:16 PM
shaun.b
Scooby Regular

we was told it was a texaco garage but we asked at the texaco at shanklin and they said it wasnt a texaco!? they said it was a vw main dealer i think he said at newport (ish) i cant remember what garage was on the forecourt but wasnt the above? still very nice place helps keep the ozone level down from scooby drivers etc LOL cus you end up walking to save the bit of juice you have for going home!? bit more research next time me thinks
Old 07 June 2006, 12:57 PM
Nick_Cat
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you go along the south coast road from Black Gang Chine to the Needles? Stunning scenery and great road.

My folks live in Shanklin and I am often over there. There are quite a few friendly Scoobies in the area. You're right about lack of super unleaded though - I always make sure I've a full tank before getting on the Red Funnel.

Nick
Old 07 June 2006, 01:13 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by shaun.b
we was told it was a texaco garage but we asked at the texaco at shanklin and they said it wasnt a texaco!? they said it was a vw main dealer i think he said at newport (ish) i cant remember what garage was on the forecourt but wasnt the above? still very nice place helps keep the ozone level down from scooby drivers etc LOL cus you end up walking to save the bit of juice you have for going home!? bit more research next time me thinks
Trust me its the Renault Garage in Wooton. I lived on the island for 15 years!!
Old 07 June 2006, 01:16 PM
clare792000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nick_Cat
Did you go along the south coast road from Black Gang Chine to the Needles? Stunning scenery and great road.

My folks live in Shanklin and I am often over there. There are quite a few friendly Scoobies in the area. You're right about lack of super unleaded though - I always make sure I've a full tank before getting on the Red Funnel.

Nick
We did that drive, we stayed in Shanklin at Easter and you are so right about the friendly scoobies! I wanna moveo ver there now! Hoping to go again next year.
Old 07 June 2006, 06:12 PM
shaun.b
Scooby Regular

I DONT DOUBT YOU DAZ! AND YES I DID THE COAST ROAD TO THE NEEDLES V.V.VERY NICE RUN DEF GOING BACK WITH A FULL TANK B4 WE GET ON THE FERRY LOL