Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Ferrari F40 Westerham / Edenbridge Saturday 2pm

Search this Thread

Old 06 September 2003, 08:21 PM
Andy Hobson
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Gave me quite a surprise as I rounded the corner and saw this monster looming in ! Totally awesome super-car.

Actually saw it once on the Westerham to Crockham Hill back road (near Chartwell) and again on the B2026 heading towards Edenbridge.

Anyone else spot it ?
Old 06 September 2003, 08:54 PM
Dyney
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Haven't seen it but did have a moment a while ago on a country road!
Came round a corner and there was this big red thing 2 foot across the white line and not able to get over much further.

Don't think they should use back roads they don't fit!!!
Old 07 September 2003, 02:22 PM
Andy Hobson
Scooby Regular

Red face

Yep, it was a bit of a squeeze. I'm glad we didn't meet on the bend ! It's only when you see one of these for real you realise quite how big they are

Andy.
Old 07 September 2003, 04:37 PM
Gary C
Scooby Regular

Drove an F355 and that was the same, they are so wide !

Old 07 September 2003, 06:38 PM
wrxstiman
Scooby Regular

yup that was me
Old 08 September 2003, 10:06 AM
Nick Martin
Scooby Regular

I followed it Edenbridge to sevenoaks a while back (2yrs)! I think the driver has a problem with the bends, being a left hooker. The best "following" experience ive had. I was giving it licks round the bends (knowing the road quite well and sitting on the correct side of the car) and kept catching him as he slowed down to negotiate the unsighted twists. As i approached the "frog and bucket" left hander (e'bridge to Sev direction) i had to give him a little flash to hurry him up round the bend,otherwise i was going to be attached to the rear. At which time he put his foot down and disappeared in an almighty F40 turbo scream up the straight. What a noise and sh*t fast acceleration. I smiled and came back to the real world.
I did catch him up again just past the woodman 2feet across the white line where he very nearly collected a 205 coming the other way. what an insurance claim that would have been.
205 £600 write off
F40 £100k rebuild.
My passenger wasnt best pleased but i had a smile for days.
Old 08 September 2003, 02:17 PM
Andy Hobson
Scooby Regular

Nick, that sounds like excellent fun. There's nothing more satisfying than harrassing vastly more expensive exotica with your lowly Scoob !

There's a few back roads around there that I use and abuse fairly frequently and they would definitely favour something of *normal* dimensions.
Old 08 September 2003, 03:11 PM
Nick Martin
Scooby Regular

It was pre scoob - i was in a 1.8 bog std. understeering pile of Vectra cr*p - wringing the nuts off in 2nd and 3rd. Heel and toe to an early turn in with a rally style flick keeping the brake covered as back on the accelerator and sliding round the corners in a sort of balanced? way. It seemed to work but the tyres and the brakes wore out rather quickly. as did the birds patience.
God knows what it looked like from the outside.
If i'd been in the scoob i'd have whipped his ***,unless he started trying!
Old 08 September 2003, 08:45 PM
Andy Hobson
Scooby Regular

Lordy - sounds like some trick Richard Burns moves you were giving it. I wouldn't know heal and toe if it came and kicked me up the @rse !

I do manage to get some nice 4 wheel drift on the bend from the M25 to the A22 southbound. While I remember I saw the funniest thing last year. A BMW 330i up on the central reservation pointing the wrong way and lots of nice rubber marks on the road ! Then on the same trip another 3 series down the ditch on the A25 just after the A22 / A25 roundabout. Quality handling - not !