Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Peppermint Scoob - M27, West Totton Bypass, Sat 14.45ish

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2003, 02:50 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hello!

I waved lots but you didn't wave back SIDC sticker in the back window, nice looking Scooby

I was in the Silver MY98, saw you on the motorway then heading into Totton - I had my yellow jacket on as I'd just been checking out some parking problems in Chandlers Ford - not an undercover police officer - honest!

Jen
Old 20 April 2003, 05:21 PM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Was it reg no. ABU **? If so, I've seen this geezer on the A27 before. And you're right - he doesn't wave back
Think it had 22b bonnet vents if I remember correctly.... quite a rare colour.

Jamie
Old 20 April 2003, 06:21 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

That was the one Grumpy muppet - I assumed he just hadn't seen me...still, pulled away from him nicely down the Totton Bypass
Old 21 April 2003, 04:04 PM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

Wink

Ditto - must be a turbo lookalike
Old 23 April 2003, 12:58 PM
Steve Howat
Scooby Regular

Ho Hum, that was me... Sorry!! I did flash you and wave but only when you flashed your hazards.

I used to wave alot but got fed up with no responses so gave up and only usually respond now when others wave first.

**Note to self: Must remember to raise hand and move in side to side fashion...!**

Sorry again for being a miserable ba**ard!!
Old 23 April 2003, 01:02 PM
Steve Howat
Scooby Regular

Oh, and my turbo is fu*ked (it has done 120k now so it should be), that's why you can pull away. I remember Jamie pulling away from me on the Farlington slip road though Jen I think you started to pull away from me at about 90 when I lifted.... Sorry to burst that ego!!!

I'm getting it fixed along with a new clutch so we can all have another go at me again soon!!
Old 23 April 2003, 01:06 PM
Chris_S199
Scooby Regular

Steve, is you car totally standard then?
Old 23 April 2003, 01:08 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

lol! YAY! Finally spotted someone...

That's cool with me, I didn't think you'd try and managed to redline it looking to see if you were coming down the bypass...then I couldn't find third, lol! Such a muppet. I usually stop at 80, but the speedo's not working at the moment hense me thinking you'd stopped following at about 60, so I must be pulling away Next time hehe...

Nice Scoob matey I love the Pepperminty ones, that's only the second one I've ever seen (Crush's wagon being the other).
Old 23 April 2003, 01:10 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Oh - I missed the flash ...I've been trying to concentrate on the road more instead of waving as I usually get shouted at my the other half!
Old 23 April 2003, 01:48 PM
Steve Howat
Scooby Regular

Hi!

You are excused for missing me flash cos both times you were entering a roundabout!!

I had sort of guessed it was you when you turned off at junction 2 (I think the Scoobynet sticker might have given it away!!). I've been looking out for you for ages as you used to have your 'from' address as to**on. I've lived here most of my life apart from a year in Kent and an address in North London and I used to think I was the only scoob in the area for ages (I've had it 6 years now....).

Anyway, sorry for being a miserable muppet. Next time I see you I'll be flashing, waving, hooting, revving etc etc...

Steve
Old 23 April 2003, 01:58 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Ahh...roundabouts, that explains it

I'm the same as you though - I never know whether to wave as there's so many grumpy people around! ...I've given up worrying now and just end up look stupid normally

Yup - that did used to be my from address - the House of the Silver Scoob I'll look out for you now I used to live in Kent - Maidstone, before moving to Totton

...next time I see you one the bypass then Hehe... (only joking, I'll only miss gears again! )

Jen
Old 23 April 2003, 03:15 PM
Steve Howat
Scooby Regular

Oh, now you've started me off if you see someone waving on a year old, dark blue CBR600 don't knock him off cos that'll be me too (I might even pull away from you on that!!).

Chris, My car is totally standard apart from the compulsory Scoobysport zorst, suspension tweek and wheels. It's also pretty knackered at the mo until I give it a cash injection....
Old 23 April 2003, 03:46 PM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hi Steve, I remember that - even posted a 'was it you?'. Here, see!

I'd assumed that you weren't on here - was annoyed that another chance of my first 'being spotted' had gone begging!

Take it easy,
Jamie

Old 23 April 2003, 04:40 PM
Steve Howat
Scooby Regular

Hi Jamie

Sorry about that, I go through phases when I don't look on Scoobynet and that must have been one of them. Also it was a Friday and Scoobynet is usually a timewaster for me at work so I'd forgotten by Monday!!!

I'm sure I've seen you a few times at the Raymarine/safeways roundabout (I work at Raymarine) so, like Jen, I will make more of an effort to wave at you when I see you next!

See you around

Steve
Old 23 April 2003, 04:51 PM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

Ah, I used to work off Airport Service Rd - still go down that way quite a bit. Did you used to work with a guy Jules Lake - I'm sure he was at Raymarine until a year or so ago.

Jamie