Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Burned by Scoob in Carlisle..was it you??

Search this Thread

Old 11 April 2002, 10:10 PM
mark@wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has Mr W been allowed out at night again? Midlife, did you get nearly deafened by the exhaust? If so I know who it was!
Mark

ps Its not me!And its only a standard UK motor.

[Edited by mark@wrx - 11/4/2002 10:11:58 PM]
Old 04 November 2002, 09:58 PM
midlife-crisis-scooby
Scooby Regular

Got completely burned by another Scoob in Carlisle at about 5.30 tonight. A silver Classic V reg with a twin rear spoiler. (I never saw the front!!!)

On a clear road near Brunstock with a van and a lorry ahead he overtook both (safely) whilst I floored the Scoob and only overtook the van. He pulled ahead like I was in reverse or had a Trabbant engine instead of a flat 4 plus turbo.

Point is… I'm a MY02 WRX with STG panel Filter and Magnex exhaust so pretty standard and he left me for dead !!, do classic scoobs do this to fugly's 45-90mph or have I been sold a Trabbant with a very pretty exterior???!

Hey silver scoob..what have you got under the bonnet????….

Midlife…..

PS I heard the exhaust even tho' the CD was VERY loud ..respect
Old 04 November 2002, 10:41 PM
midlife-crisis-scooby
Scooby Regular

Mark

do you mean to say I was soundly trounced by an unmodded Classic !! I thought it might have everything from sodium filled valves, ECUTEK, Nitrous to water injection.

Don't tell me he still has any semblance of a cat somewhere between combustion and fresh air!!

Midlife...

PS

I'm allowed out after dark as long as I don't use full beam and startle the rabbits (fat chance of the Magnex doing that)

Old 05 November 2002, 09:35 AM
Road-rash
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

My bro has a MY00 Turbo with a mongoose back box and to my supprise my STi 7 uk is no quicker from a standing start. So a wrx has no chance.
Old 05 November 2002, 07:25 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Midlife you cant call yours a FUGLY!!!
i assume it was you on monday morning in the que to the traffic lights with a nice number plate C****W on brampton road at 830am
Do you have any other life apart from polishing?

i love those back lights !! early xmas present, you wouldnt notice me as i was driving the boys red rover banger (as he hasnt passed his test yet) although i followed you down to hardwick circus.
could even be tempted with a fugly for the misses when i see how smart yours look
but im a classic man myself
The green wagon has been round Keilder today for testing for the RAID ACROSS THE BORDER ***

and it went well only saw 2 cars in 28 miles!!!

A SLOBBERKNOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05 November 2002, 07:57 PM
mark@wrx
Scooby Regular

There is definitley no kittys in there at all! God, I don't even think there is any packing of any sorts!!

Totally standard UK car. No chips, boost valves or anything! Driver just has a lead boot on his right foot!
Old 05 November 2002, 08:09 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

is there not some link to RAPID ACCELREATION when he throws a *** out out of the window first!!!maybe it makes the car lighter!
Old 05 November 2002, 10:08 PM
midlife-crisis-scooby
Scooby Regular

Mr W surfaces again

Mark@WRX
nice post about "bad" experiences while driving. I have answered on another post but I just have to say again I bought my Scoob without even sitting in the driving seat…Scooobynet is THAT good, and the people that post are complete gems. I think you have to take the good with the bad. I still can't believe I added 18K plus to the mortgage for 5 years to get one on the back of a group of people obviously in love with their cars.

Road-rash
Bu$$er me I obviously went for the wrong one!!!

Lordy
Sad but true, I have those plates as a present from my wife. I had them on my E reg MR2 but are now on the Scoob complete with even Sadder Scooby-doo logo.

Why buy a "fugly" ?? See above, The reason I bought one was because of owners like you. I have had loads of cars in different colours and WR blue seems to keep clean whatever the weather.

Can't wait for the next outing…

Midlife…
Old 05 November 2002, 11:22 PM
Rusty Festa
Scooby Regular

Wink

I still can't believe I added 18K plus to the mortgage for 5 years to get one
....so that's how to do it

<shouts upstairs>
Tia, about that loft conversion...I've just made an apointment to see the bank manager

Jon
MY00 DBM Sport