Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

S$$ OBY parked on back of AA truck on M25 Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 16 September 2002, 09:40 AM
p1_dave
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

What had happened to you?? You car looked great overlooking everyone as we approached the QE2 bridge!! I was the P1, I tried to wave but I am unsure if you can see anything through the Pimp tint!! Hope you got home OK and it is nothing serious.....
Old 19 September 2002, 01:46 PM
Tim W
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

T'was me...at the begining of a very sereal weekend...

Gearbox locked in 3rd just before South Mimms while I was driving back to see my folks in Kent. It's now residing at their place while I think about it's future...minimum work required will be a new 'box. Although the dash has to come out to fix the heater matrix which burst last winter, and I'm tempted to replace the standard gearbox with something stronger, similarly tempted to do the same with the engine...or then again I might fix it and get shot of it becasue of the trouble that I have been getting into as a result of owning a scoob

Currently tooling round in a black P plate Golf VR6 Highline auto which I've been lent by a very generous friend of the family
Old 19 September 2002, 01:56 PM
p1_dave
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Jesus - sorry to hear about the troubles, it does sound like your beast is going through a tough time at the moment! Well impressed that you get a VR6 to borrow in hard times, I get a fiesta!! But at least it means I love the P1 all that much more when I get it back.

You say that the Scooby has been getting you into trouble - now that sets the brain spinning - is it heavy foot trouble?? If it is then dont worry we all get that!!

I really do hope things start getting better for you - all I can say is that your motor looked well schweet so if it has to go then you should not have too much trouble finding someone who wants it.

PS if it goes can I put a bid in for the number plate ;-)
Old 19 September 2002, 02:19 PM
Tim W
Scooby Regular

The G'box is the least of my worries and yes the right foot was involved...have a look at bbs.22b.com for more info...

Golf will be returned to the friend next week when I will be taking on a Merc A class from my parents who ordered a new one for themselves on Monday!

If I do keep the car it will be going through a transformation into a commited weekend and track tool...suffice to say there will be some lightweight panels and trim going in (and out)
Old 20 September 2002, 04:49 PM
p1_dave
Scooby Regular

Blimey mate you do have a few problems at the moment. If you find out where it happened I would be most interested as I dont live too far away from Suffolk. Just sorry I cant help you out

Hope this weekend is a better one for you, please take care!