Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

Wanted cold air fog cover feed

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2013, 10:06 AM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Wanted cold air fog cover feed

Can anyone point me in the right direction please. Looking for a trumpet to sit in my fog cover on my bug with prodrive bumper. Will be running a caik through the wing. Any pics of what you guys have done would also be appreciated to get some ideas

Cheers
Martin
Old 04 October 2013, 09:52 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Anyone? Advise would be appreciated too

Martin
Old 05 October 2013, 12:12 AM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Just this mate , got it from ebay I think . Got a spare fog cover from there too , kept the original prodrive one incase I ballsed it up. Put the ducting in first as there isnt alot of choice of where the trumpet will sit.

Old 05 October 2013, 12:25 AM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Inch-76m...m4ac0b1a9echis looks the same type
Old 05 October 2013, 09:18 AM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed
Just this mate , got it from ebay I think . Got a spare fog cover from there too , kept the original prodrive one incase I ballsed it up. Put the ducting in first as there isnt alot of choice of where the trumpet will sit.

Brilliant cheers mate, I have an inner wing filter so guess I won't need that much duct anyway. Checked eBay and there's a 76mm trumpet with duct for 13.99 may just get that one.

Martin
Old 05 October 2013, 09:39 AM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

I had to buy a hole cutter , cost me more that the parts FFS ! I use them in work too , just didnt have the size I needed. Even took it back to the shop as it didnt even mark it but he wouldnt refund. Give me a shout if you need it.

With the spacing issue , if u look at the metalwork that holds the foglight in , with a large hole in , by the time you put the length of the trumpet it gets quite close. Then when the ducting gets attached , if u dont line it up exactly there isnt much room to allow the ducting through the metal hole. I went closer to the right of the fog cover as it is a flatter surface , but it could have been doing with going left a bit to avoid this. (If you look closely there is a sharp bend on the ducting to the left)

I found metal ducting good as u can shape it and it stays there , but mine goes up into bay.

Last edited by CharlySkunkWeed; 05 October 2013 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05 October 2013, 03:19 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed
I had to buy a hole cutter , cost me more that the parts FFS ! I use them in work too , just didnt have the size I needed. Even took it back to the shop as it didnt even mark it but he wouldnt refund. Give me a shout if you need it.

With the spacing issue , if u look at the metalwork that holds the foglight in , with a large hole in , by the time you put the length of the trumpet it gets quite close. Then when the ducting gets attached , if u dont line it up exactly there isnt much room to allow the ducting through the metal hole. I went closer to the right of the fog cover as it is a flatter surface , but it could have been doing with going left a bit to avoid this. (If you look closely there is a sharp bend on the ducting to the left)

I found metal ducting good as u can shape it and it stays there , but mine goes up into bay.
That's great buddy ill defo give you a shout for it. Thinking if my filter sits behind the hole that the fog light goes into then with the trumpet in the cover and a maybe a 3-4" duct should be adequate to get air to the filter.

Martin
Old 06 October 2013, 12:16 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought this, not that you need the ducting.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUBARU-IMP...item232e5cfb27