Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

Prodrive stone guards

Search this Thread

Old 12 December 2012, 06:59 PM
Guardian-X-
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prodrive stone guards

Hi guy's

Hate to say this is my first post but i've been browsing the forum since '10 before actually posting. Anyway got to start somewhere

Now to the point: I've been looking for a set of prodrive stone guards for several months and came up empty handed. Biggest issue is that i live in belgium and most people won't ship abroad ( missed some very great deals this way via ebay including a nice set that only went for 10£ while i would have gone up to 20 or even more ... )

My car is a 06 STi so i need a pair that fits this model.

Should look something like this

The side of my car is literally getting shot to hell by rocks and other stuff especially my rota g-force wheels which have the spokes poking out to the side but i really dislike the look of RA mudflaps and the like so prodrive stone guards would be an ideal fit for my issue.

Anyone who can hook me up?

Last edited by Guardian-X-; 12 December 2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12 December 2012, 07:05 PM
Pedroturbo
Scooby Regular

2 years before your first post
Old 12 December 2012, 07:13 PM
Guardian-X-
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pedroturbo
2 years before your first post
Yeah i know ... problem is that i'm already on the belgian subaru forum and on IWSTI + a random car enthousiast forum with a full journal so it's already an effort keeping up with all of them therefore i was reluctactant putting up a journal here or post at all for that matter. In the meanwhile people can visit my iwsti journal if they want to see the car and mod's link in my sig.

The issue is that belgium sucks ballz the size of watermelons when it comes to finding subaru parts and mod's and the UK is just a huge difference so that's why i'm here actually also getting stuff from the US is taxed like there's no tomorrow by mo government (this goes for anything that comes from a country outside of the EU).

Last edited by Guardian-X-; 12 December 2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 15 December 2012, 03:58 PM
Guardian-X-
Scooby Regular

BTT
Old 15 December 2012, 04:37 PM
STEVEBOXER
Scooby Regular

I like them, where can I get them for my classic?
Old 15 December 2012, 06:33 PM
Guardian-X-
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STEVEBOXER
No idea if these where ever made for the GC8 ... i've seen them for blobeye's and newer but that's it. Prodrive no longer sell stuff for consumer cars as stated on their website.

Here's another pic (these are my03 one's) hawkeye's have 3 holes instead of 2.

Should anyone have a knock-off alternative i wouldn't mind either ... i don't really care for the "prodrive" brand but the fitment is one thing i do care for.
I've seen plenty of "mini mud flaps" but they alle have a more odd/rectangular shape and no holes or other types of hardware than stock/prodrive. If i really can't find anything i'm gonna have to make do with a set of ebay mini mudflaps and modify them to my needs.

But the meaty RA or other mudflaps are plain ugly (imo) and i just want to stop rocks from sandblasting my rims and side of the car.

(oh and i'll start a journal of my car here soon )

Last edited by Guardian-X-; 16 December 2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 16 December 2012, 12:34 PM
SCOOBY TOWERS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STEVEBOXER

These are for sale (open to offers) after I fitted mudflaps to my car (I've since sold the car).

They are from a MY99/00 Classic shape and supplied by Subaru/ Prodrive but didn't come with any Prodrive stickers (I think I may even have the original packages).

Last edited by SCOOBY TOWERS; 16 December 2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 17 December 2012, 12:54 PM
hill79
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm also on the hunt for a set of these for my bugeye, the Subaru dealers I've contacted can't find them on their system ('EH/W5/010' isn't a Subaru part number). Anyone know the part number they need?
Old 17 December 2012, 10:39 PM
Guardian-X-
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hill79
I'm also on the hunt for a set of these for my bugeye, the Subaru dealers I've contacted can't find them on their system ('EH/W5/010' isn't a Subaru part number). Anyone know the part number they need?
I don't think subaru themselves have ever sold these ... well i haven't seen them on any "option list" for that matter.

I was an idiot for not buying them that time and now they don't sell anything on their website anymore.

I wonder though what the differences are between the GC8 and newer stone guards (if there even are any?) this could help broaden my search area.

Last edited by Guardian-X-; 17 December 2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old 18 December 2012, 12:39 AM
SCOOBY TOWERS
Scooby Regular

Happy to measure the ones I have, if it helps.

They were sold by Subaru - mine came from my local dealers.
Old 18 December 2012, 12:45 AM
Guardian-X-
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SCOOBY TOWERS
Happy to measure the ones I have, if it helps.

They were sold by Subaru - mine came from my local dealers.
EDIT: I just found something interesting in a prodrive part list PDF ... looks like the older ones probably don't fit the GD chassis so the measurements probably wont do me any good ... but thanks for the offer m8 i appreciate it.

EH/W5/010 STONE DEFLECTOR (Each) X 2 REQ. PER CAR Impreza Turbo/GT 1994-2000 $51.13
W05/R5/001 Stone Deflector Front (pair) 06-07 WRX/STI Impreza WRX/STI 2001-2007 $65.49
F03/R5/001 Stone Deflector Front (pair) 06-07 Forester Forester 2003-2007 $84.03
LG04/R5/001 Stone Deflector Front (pair) 06-07 Legacy Legacy 2004-2007 $65.32

Looks like i need the W05/R5/001

Last edited by Guardian-X-; 18 December 2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old 19 December 2012, 10:05 AM
hill79
Scooby Regular

After talking to a very helpful chap at a dealership, I've ordered 2x 'SACC2145' which he says are listed as 'front splash guards' on an old options list. £12+vat a piece. Hopefully they'll fit!
Old 19 December 2012, 02:18 PM
Andy RB5
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the prodrive 'front splash guards' (with no logos) from my local Subaru dealer last year for my RB5. had to order them in if I remember, £25ish for the front 2 which is expensive for what they really are. They work really well though and are very subtle
Old 21 December 2012, 10:58 PM
Guardian-X-
Scooby Regular

@hill79: If you could post up a pic once you get them that would be great. Did they also state what models that partnr fits?

@Andy: Indeed not the most cheap bits but i'll give my dealer a call and see what they can come up with. If not i'll be looking into some ebay or other mini flaps

These for example look pretty decent: (they also have PVC ones on ebay for about half the price)
http://www.scoobyparts.com/acatalog/...-_NEW_AGE.html
Old 30 December 2012, 02:56 PM
Guardian-X-
Scooby Regular

Last BTTT ... if this search comes up with noting i'm going to order either the scoobyparts set or these http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog...oducts_id=2100

I struggle however to find any pics of the listed product on an actual car ... maybe i should put up a thread in the exterior section to find some people with experience with these products?
Old 30 December 2012, 03:21 PM
hill79
Scooby Regular

Coincidentally, I finished fitting my prodrive flaps a little earlier today - what should have been fairly easy ended up taking hours as I had to hacksaw through some of the bolts holding the old flaps on, but they're on.

Part no: SACC2145, £15 each direct from a Subaru dealer - no prodrive stickers and no fixings come with them.

excuse the state of the car, we were at the Croft christmas rally yesterday and the car park went a bit Glastonbury!
Old 30 December 2012, 03:33 PM
hill79
Scooby Regular

Guardian-X- : looking at the original picture you posted compared to mine, the ones you posted look more like the (bigger) prodrive mudflaps rather than the (smaller) stoneguards that I have
Old 30 December 2012, 04:45 PM
Guardian-X-
Scooby Regular

Hmm it seems you got the "classic/gc8" version when i look up the number in my list in post #11 maybe that's the reason they look kind of small compared to the ones i posted.

EH/W5/010 STONE DEFLECTOR Impreza Turbo/GT 1994-2000
W05/R5/001 Stone Deflector Front 06-07 WRX/STI Impreza WRX/STI 2001-2007

I'd have to call up my dealership and see what part's they can come up with. But since it's newyear's period i'll have to wait a few day's.

Thx for posting up the pics hope you had fun at that rally and happy holiday's!

Last edited by Guardian-X-; 30 December 2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 30 December 2012, 05:01 PM
hill79
Scooby Regular

Yeah I think the ones I have were optional on the P1 so intended for the classic, I did have to drill a couple of holes to fit them properly but nothing drastic, just the end of the plastic sill. Otherwise the proportions are pretty much spot on and they seem to sit in the right place to provide protection for the side of the car.

Hopefully you'll be able to narrow down the options and find the ones you want, and if not perhaps this thread will help someone else in future!
Old 03 January 2013, 12:06 AM
Guardian-X-
Scooby Regular

Hi Hill79,

I got an unsuspected answer in my thread where i searched for pics of the scoobyworld/scoobyparts mini mudlfaps ...

https://www.scoobynet.com/styling-36...l#post10928900

Turned out there is still a place that has these flaps. I've sent them an email to find out what part nr these are (gc8 or newage). Should they have the newer ones i'm going to buy them rightaway.

I'll keep you updated as soon as i get word from just-subaru.

Btw how are your's holding up? Satisfied with the results?

Last edited by Guardian-X-; 03 January 2013 at 12:08 AM.
Old 03 January 2013, 08:56 AM
hill79
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Guardian-X-
Hi Hill79,

I got an unsuspected answer in my thread where i searched for pics of the scoobyworld/scoobyparts mini mudlfaps ...

https://www.scoobynet.com/styling-36...l#post10928900

Turned out there is still a place that has these flaps. I've sent them an email to find out what part nr these are (gc8 or newage). Should they have the newer ones i'm going to buy them rightaway.

I'll keep you updated as soon as i get word from just-subaru.

Btw how are your's holding up? Satisfied with the results?
Well found! They look the same as mine from that photo, but you can't really be sure from a photograph can you.

Still pleased with mine, they're doing the job they're designed for and look a lot less 'in your face' than the old flaps... because a blue car with gold wheels and a big spoiler is ALL about subtly, right?
Old 07 January 2013, 08:40 PM
Guardian-X-
Scooby Regular

For what it's worth if anyone in the UK is still looking for a set i just stumbled upon a second hand set on ebay ( front AND modified rear ) for the newage impreza.

Only 18hrs left though.

I'd bid myself but the seller doesn't ship outside of the UK (besides i'm probably going for a full set from scoobyworld that has everything included and be done with it.)

Hope this helps someone.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-imp...item25794512e1

Last edited by Guardian-X-; 07 January 2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old 07 January 2013, 09:43 PM
hill79
Scooby Regular

they look a bit discoloured where they've been fitted to the body, but maybe just need a clean?

Guardian-X- : I'd be happy to forward them on to you if you wanted to bid and get them sent to my address?
Old 07 January 2013, 11:11 PM
Guardian-X-
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hill79
they look a bit discoloured where they've been fitted to the body, but maybe just need a clean?

Guardian-X- : I'd be happy to forward them on to you if you wanted to bid and get them sent to my address?
I appreciate the offer but i think the bidding will go up a notch or two in the final minutes and then including the shipping the price will probably surpass that of a new set of scoobyworld flaps.

They look a bit rough indeed but probably just some dirt (makes you wonder how little effort the seller will do just to make it "look nice" i mean just a 1 minute clean can help get better bid's ) ... but can't really tell how "shot up" they are in terms of stone damage etc.

I just contacted scoobyworld for some larger pics of their mini flaps so i'll probably go that way (these include the hardware aswell so one less thing to worry about) so going with new should be a trouble free purchase and without any surprises like you mostly get from ebay stuff...

Really appreciate the offer though! As a newbie on the forum and from another country no less these type of interactions really immediately make me feel at home here i'm just having a blast here reading through all the awesome classifieds,picture threads,info threads,reviews .... well the whole forum actually

Last edited by Guardian-X-; 07 January 2013 at 11:20 PM.