Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

Quality FMIC

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2011, 12:09 PM
RS2 JIM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quality FMIC

As already posted in the Dealer and 3rd Party enquiry section;

Hi all,

I have been trying to contact Harvey now for a week but to no avail. I appreciate he may be on holiday but sadly I need a new FMIC asap and it's holding up the next stages of my build.

I currently have a Hybrid HDI GT FMIC but am finding it is overwhelmed at the top end of the rev range with the boost i'm running and i'm getting inlet temps of 77degrees on a day when the ambients are sub 10 degress. I want to get a meth map or two next but there's no point if the high inlets are knocking back timing already so need to resolve this. The cooler fins are nicely in the airflow so that's not the issue.

I had identified the GT2 to be the FMIC to go for an as such have been trying to reach Harvey to buy one. I have even spoken to HDI in Oz to see if they can help but alas they cannot.

So, I am looking for a quality FMIC that will keep my inlets nice and cool. Ideally the cooler alone as I already have suitable pipework but it's not the end of the world. Budget is £500 max. My car is a 99 UK Classic Wagon track car so i'm not too concerned about having to chop my bumper further to fit a larger unit. The current core dims I have are approx 580 x 270 x 78mm. I wouldn't want anything smaller.

What can you offer? I can pay today by paypal, bank transfer or card over the phone and am happy to pay carriage to Aberdeen.

I look forward to hearing.

Cheers

James

oh and no Autobahn pish.
Old 08 June 2011, 12:20 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RS2 JIM
As already posted in the Dealer and 3rd Party enquiry section;

Hi all,

I have been trying to contact Harvey now for a week but to no avail. I appreciate he may be on holiday but sadly I need a new FMIC asap and it's holding up the next stages of my build.

I currently have a Hybrid HDI GT FMIC but am finding it is overwhelmed at the top end of the rev range with the boost i'm running and i'm getting inlet temps of 77degrees on a day when the ambients are sub 10 degress. I want to get a meth map or two next but there's no point if the high inlets are knocking back timing already so need to resolve this. The cooler fins are nicely in the airflow so that's not the issue.

I had identified the GT2 to be the FMIC to go for an as such have been trying to reach Harvey to buy one. I have even spoken to HDI in Oz to see if they can help but alas they cannot.

So, I am looking for a quality FMIC that will keep my inlets nice and cool. Ideally the cooler alone as I already have suitable pipework but it's not the end of the world. Budget is £500 max. My car is a 99 UK Classic Wagon track car so i'm not too concerned about having to chop my bumper further to fit a larger unit. The current core dims I have are approx 580 x 270 x 78mm. I wouldn't want anything smaller.

What can you offer? I can pay today by paypal, bank transfer or card over the phone and am happy to pay carriage to Aberdeen.

I look forward to hearing.

Cheers

James

oh and no Autobahn pish.
What power and boost are you running to overwhelm the core........
Old 08 June 2011, 12:48 PM
RS2 JIM
Scooby Regular

Currently 420bhp and 1.8-1.9 Bar.
Old 08 June 2011, 12:51 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RS2 JIM
Currently 420bhp and 1.8-1.9 Bar.
Ran the HDI GT core @ 2 bar + and just over 520bhp, did not see temps anywhere remotely as high as you are
Old 08 June 2011, 01:11 PM
RS2 JIM
Scooby Regular

Banny,

I'm surprised as you are but I have verified this on a rolling road on two different occasions and then again using a temperature sensor inserted into the plenum on track a few weeks ago. There would appear to be some hefty inlet temps achieved.

Funnily enough there is a 500bhp wagon here in Aberdeen with the same cooler who is suffering exactly the same issue as me. Very odd.
Old 08 June 2011, 01:13 PM
RS2 JIM
Scooby Regular

Here is one set of the RR graphs;

Cheers

James
Old 08 June 2011, 01:21 PM
RS2 JIM
Scooby Regular

And the front of the car looks like this so plenty of airflow through the cooler;

Old 08 June 2011, 06:00 PM
eversham
Scooby Regular

got a hks one thats new but was only trail fitted to my 97 sti??
Old 08 June 2011, 08:40 PM
adge
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a GT2 which was supplied and fitted by Harvey to a 95 wrx if interested £225 inc delivery
Old 14 June 2011, 10:49 AM
eversham
Scooby Regular

Did u get my pm??